Fly-In to LakelandCNX

fantom

From Dave:

We had a good time at our last event in spite of the weather forecast.  Four Mooneys brought 8 people to Lake Wales for lunch at The Crazy Fish Bar and Grill.  The restaurant is not located at the airport, but airport staff drove us there and waited to take us back so there was no delay returning to the airport.  I believe everyone made it home without weather problems.

Our next event is this Saturday, September 9, at Lakeland.  Since Hurricane Irma might be heading our way, I may cancel lunch at the last minute, so please check your e-mail for a message from me before taking off for Lakeland.

All events start at 11:30.

Please check your e-mail before attending as sometimes I make last minute changes for various reasons.

Future Schedule

September 9, Lakeland (LAL)
October 14, Flagler (FIN)
November 11, Vero Beach (VRB)
December 9, Punta Gorda (PGD)

I really appreciate it if you can e-mail me (daveanruth@aol.com) by Thursday night of the week of the event and let me know if you are going to try to make it, so I can call the restaurant on Friday with a head count.  No one is obligated to come if they told me they are coming and can’t make it for mechanical, weather, health, or any other reason.

OTHER OPTIONAL NOTICES:

1) The president of the local EAA Chapter has asked me to tell you that there will be a fly in at the Leesburg Airport (LEE) on Saturday, October 21.  It will start with coffee and donuts at 9 AM, followed at 10 AM with a Wings meeting.  Afterwards the chapter will be cooking lunch for all who attend.

2) A member, Bob Plasczc is looking to buy a vintage Mooney, probably an E or F model.  If you have one for sale you can contact him at bobplaszcz@gmail.com

3) A member who has recently moved to Amelia Island has asked if we would like to have a lunch up there.  I assume we would fly into Fernandina Beach Airport (FHB) and he would arrange for transportation to run us to a nearby restaurant.  Before I agree to this and set it up I would like an idea of how many of you would fly up there weather permitting.  I would probably want to do this in May 2018.