-252 TSE for sale by widow

Lrn2Fly

A very good friend of mine passed away several months ago, and his widow is wanting to sell his wonderful -252.  This was the 200th -252 that Mooney produced. It has a newly overhauled engine with just 10 hours on it, a nice leather interior, and a panel full of toys.  

Please contact me offline for more information and pictures.  The plane is located in Central Florida and ready to find a new home!

Sam Lindsay

941-209-2322

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The 252 is the pinnacle of Mooney engineering and there are only so many of them around. For some reason, they thought the Bravo was an improvement, and quit making them. When a good one comes on the market, it doesn't sit very long. 

I'm consider myself privileged to be the caretaker of one of them right now. I intend to keep it, and keep it up to date, as long as I can hold a Class 3 medical.

*opinions of the author and don't necessarily represent the opinions of @donkaye or anyone else on this board ;-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gsxrpilot said:

The 252 is the pinnacle of Mooney engineering and there are only so many of them around. For some reason, they thought the Bravo was an improvement, and quit making them. When a good one comes on the market, it doesn't sit very long. 

I'm consider myself privileged to be the caretaker of one of them right now. I intend to keep it, and keep it up to date, as long as I can hold a Class 3 medical.

*opinions of the author and don't necessarily represent the opinions of @donkaye or anyone else on this board ;-)

Well, your claim might be a little extravagant, most of us would concede you have the best mid body turbo model. :rolleyes: 

• Like 3

On 9/1/2017 at 5:46 PM, Lrn2Fly said:

A very good friend of mine passed away several months ago, and his widow is wanting to sell his wonderful -252.  This was the 200th -252 that Mooney produced. It has a newly overhauled engine with just 10 hours on it, a nice leather interior, and a panel full of toys.  

Please contact me offline for more information and pictures.  The plane is located in Central Florida and ready to find a new home!

Sam Lindsay

941-209-2322

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

how much what year ?

9 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Easy to overlook with fewer than 30 Encores built.

There were more Porsche powered M20Ls and M22 Mustangs than that. 

Actually 35 built (25-2001 to 25-2035). The first 8 built in 1997 were considered 252's and then when the GW increase was approved became Encores with a logbook entry.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Easy to overlook with fewer than 30 Encores built.

There were more Porsche powered M20Ls and M22 Mustangs than that. 

I would not ever overlook the Encore. In fact one of the reasons for hunting down and acquiring one of the elusive 252's was because it could be converted to an Encore. A couple of notables on this board, @Parker_Woodruff and @kortopates have done this very conversion. I hope my 252 will be added to that list soon. There is a large box in my garage right now with almost all of the parts needed for the conversion. It's taken awhile to find and acquire them, but I'm almost there.

• Like 4

The Encore was the last rendition of the 231...  produced concurrently with the Ovation, Bravo and then Acclaim... kind of showy isn't it?

A 252 with every bell and whistle and UL available...including intercooler and pressure controller upgrades...

Stuff off the top of my head, I didn't look this stuff up...

Best regards,

-a-

17 hours ago, carusoam said:

The Encore was the last rendition of the 231...  produced concurrently with the Ovation, Bravo and then Acclaim... kind of showy isn't it?

A 252 with every bell and whistle and UL available...including intercooler and pressure controller upgrades...

Stuff off the top of my head, I didn't look this stuff up...

Best regards,

-a-

The Encore (last version of the K model) was produced in 1997 & 1998 alongside another midbody, the Allegro (last version of the J model) and alongside two long bodies, the Bravo (M model) and Ovation (R model).

In 1999 there were no mid bodies, everything was a long body, Eagle (S model), Ovation and Bravo.

(I liked the theme going back then, Allegro (definiton: a brisk tempo), Encore (called out by an audience at the end of a concert to request an additional performance - Mooney owners called out and asked for the 252 to come back for an encore),  Ovation (applause, etc), Bravo (well done, splendid - also "-B" designation on the Lycoming TIO-540-AF1B engine). The Acclaim (public praise) in 2006 picked up on the same theme.)

• Like 2

On 9/14/2017 at 3:07 PM, daver328 said:

Probably for a different thread: but what is an Encore conversion? I keep hearing the name but have no knowledge of what it is and does? Consider me a future 252 owner, unless I win the lottery and go twin ...

Had a nice useful load increase over the 252. Same horsepower, nice upgrades, etc, etc. very desirable Mooney model in my opinion.