Mooney Nicknames

Jeff_S

So, if you haven't read this month's Flying magazine yet, Martha Lunken has a particularly hilarious column on aviation nicknames that she's found on the internet, for everything from planes to airlines to people. It's an article worth saving just to have a chuckle from time to time.

I laughed out loud for the Diamond Katana: "the Flying Sperm".  You gotta' admit, pretty good one.  There are literally dozens of others so I won't bother to repeat them here, but feel free to add to the list with your own.

One stands out, though.  While Bonanzas have long been known as Doctor Killers, Mooneys get the nod for the more cost-conscious health professionals as Dentist Killers! ;) I believe we have our own dentist on Mooneyspace...so far he has avoided this fate.

Cheers!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff_S said:

So, if you haven't read this month's Flying magazine yet, Martha Lunken has a particularly hilarious column on aviation nicknames that she's found on the internet, for everything from planes to airlines to people. It's an article worth saving just to have a chuckle from time to time.

I laughed out loud for the Diamond Katana: "the Flying Sperm".  You gotta' admit, pretty good one.  There are literally dozens of others so I won't bother to repeat them here, but feel free to add to the list with your own.

One stands out, though.  While Bonanzas have long been known as Doctor Killers, Mooneys get the nod for the more cost-conscious health professionals as Dentist Killers! ;) I believe we have our own dentist on Mooneyspace...so far he has avoided this fate.

Cheers!

Phew!  I'm a mathematician.

Geez, never one to mess with sensitive karma, I've changed the title to restore some semblance of mojo, but I still think the joke is sound. There are plenty among us who proudly wear the mantle of CBs, and that was the main intent.

But perhaps the merriment of the article was lost in my summary of it. 

• Like 1