Online pseudonyms and aliases.

BillC

The fact that there are 4 pages of comments on the topic indicates it's a pretty slow Mooney day...
Nevertheless, I'm Charles (goes by Patrick) Berry, AKA Chuck Berry, whose best song was Johnny B. Goode, hence my handle.  Nothing sinister.

My name is Mau Rader. Everything sinister.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I used to race Mustangs 20+ years ago and when my wife was setting up the LLC for racing she asked me "what name?" - that exact moment a Rolling Stones song came on the radio and it has stuck ever since.

FWIW - you can probably google WildHorsesRacing and usually find all about me.  If not, just ask, I have nothing to hide.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 11:33 AM, fantom said:

Sorry to tell you that it's far from over....we've been battling it for five years, and like a virus, it keeps coming back. :(

No, the initial SS# was made public by a local hospital, NOT my name on MS :rolleyes:

Yes, same here.  Someone on our staff was faked into sending out all SS numbers for all employees.  The first thing they do is file a false tax return hoping to get a refund from the IRS before you know what has happened.  Then false credit accounts.  Had to track all of them down and it is still a problem.  And how about your SS account.  They have the number now.  I am not shy, my name is my username, but when I go to the store now I don't give my phone number or zip code or anything to the clerk.  One day I drove to Cabela's, going past a Gander Mountain.  They were having a close-out.  The next day I started to get pop-up ads when I accessed the internet for, guess what, Gander Mountain.  So I have turned "location services" off on my phone and iPad, and really don't want a permanently mounted GPS in my next car.  It is definitely out of hand.

40 minutes ago, jlunseth said:

Yes, same here.  Someone on our staff was faked into sending out all SS numbers for all employees.  The first thing they do is file a false tax return hoping to get a refund from the IRS before you know what has happened.  Then false credit accounts.  Had to track all of them down and it is still a problem.  And how about your SS account.  They have the number now.  I am not shy, my name is my username, but when I go to the store now I don't give my phone number or zip code or anything to the clerk.  One day I drove to Cabela's, going past a Gander Mountain.  They were having a close-out.  The next day I started to get pop-up ads when I accessed the internet for, guess what, Gander Mountain.  So I have turned "location services" off on my phone and iPad, and really don't want a permanently mounted GPS in my next car.  It is definitely out of hand.

And even when the criminals present themselves at a retailer buying items with a stolen card, the card may be declined but the person gets to walk out of the store Scot free - throwing the card in the trash can on their way out. From my experience the health care system is the largest source of identity theft, which is why I only write down XXX-XX-XXXX when asked for my SS number. The don't need it for insurance identification purposes but to be able to find you later on in case you don't pay your bills and they have to come after you.

• 2 weeks later...