Harvey - Rockport KRKP

MARZ

It makes no sense to me that people wouldn't move their planes out of the path of the storm. There were countless pilots offering hangar space, and even offering to come down and fly the planes out themselves. Insurance will even reimburse for the costs of moving the plane out of the path of the storm. 

• Like 2

It makes no sense to me that people wouldn't move their planes out of the path of the storm. There were countless pilots offering hangar space, and even offering to come down and fly the planes out themselves. Insurance will even reimburse for the costs of moving the plane out of the path of the storm. 

Seems like an easy way to turn something underutilized and expensive to maintain into quick cash. But then, where I grew up, some local "businessmen" regarded arson as a form of "community redevelopment." I'm just sayin' ...

It makes no sense to me that people wouldn't move their planes out of the path of the storm.

Perhaps people were focused on getting their loved ones and home contents out of danger. As in the case of an engine out, it's the insurance company's airplane, and focus on preserving lives.

• Like 2

i am sure there is reason - I have a buddy that in the end couldn't take his out because he had to take a military aircraft out. We all have different responsibilities and demand for our time. 

For me the fastest way to evacuate is in my Mooney.  No highway congestion and I care more about the plane than the car.

• Like 2

Very sad indeed, but lots of competing priorities of what needs saving when this happens. At least hurricanes we know are coming. I don't live in your backyard but I get the idea you really don't get warnings with tornadoes. Luckily we only have earthquakes and although feeling the ground move below you (or the bed:) ) is common, actual destruction from one is extremely rare.

With the forecast for Harvey to camp out there for the next few days I hope this isn't just the beginning of damages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...