New Panel

82Mike

Hey Clarance,

My steam AS, AI, ALT, DG,TC all come out as well as RPM, MP, Volt.  All original guages are gone.  I had a 750/Aspen single tube system.  Now it will be an Aspen 2500/GTN 750 with a G5 and a JPI 900.  I also have a panel mounted iPad mini that will talk to the 750 with a FS 510.  Should be pretty sweet when it is done.  I will post more pics as they start putting stuff back in!

On 8/26/2017 at 1:42 AM, gsxrpilot said:

I can't look at pictures like those. I love my new panel, but it's painful to get there.

I'm with you. When we had the 750 installed, along with other goodies, the panel looked like this. I saw nothing but spaghetti, yet the guys in the shop knew exactly what they were doing and put it all back together again. Add to the mix a hot, non-air conditioned hangar. I guess that's why they are paid the big bucks. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, progress is going now.  Irma slowed us down a bit, but this is what the left side will look like.  Special shout out to Phil, Ralph, and Danny at Tomlinson and J.D. at Southwest Texas aviation.  Between needing fuel senders, panel labeling, switches it is a major undertaking!

IMG_0910.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Is the shop going to rivet all the flush mounts in place?  Was thinking how nice it would look to flush rivet all the mounts before painting the panel. 

Another option would be countersunk screws. When I did my panel we used countersunk screws that were powder coated the same color as the panel. Probably not as clean as rivets but it turned out pretty good.

IMG_2774.JPG

Edited by ziggysanchez
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 82Mike said:

Counter sunk plated screws.

Not sure if this was a question or a statement but just in case, I'm responding as if it was a question. The screws on my panel were powder coated the same color as the panel and countersunk. We did every screw in the panel this way (the instrument mount screws as well as the screws for the switches) and it resulted in a very clean look. The only hardware that remained raised on the panel were the acorn nuts and maybe 8 screws that attached the panel. They were also powdercoated with the panel to match the color of the panel.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...