Non certified avionics

MIm20c

I was thinking about adding a G5 experimental to the right side panel. I have an aspen with a back up vac driven AI.  What steps do I need to go through to use the non stc' d version.  After carefully reading the G5 STC install manual it looks like that placement is not allowed on the certified unit anyway. Might as well save 1 amu in the process. Thoughts?  IA approval or up the chain?

The way I saw folks circumvent the rules when the Dynons first came out was by installing it in such a way that it is removable. The generic definition of removable is that is can be removed from the aircraft without the use of any tools other than your hands.

I've seen a molex connector and thumbscrews go a long ways to stay in the grey.

The way I saw folks circumvent the rules when the Dynons first came out was by installing it in such a way that it is removable. The generic definition of removable is that is can be removed from the aircraft without the use of any tools other than your hands.
I've seen a molex connector and thumbscrews go a long ways to stay in the grey.

How did they get around the static port connection?

They got a 337 approved to tie into the static pitot.  The other option is to run new plumbing to the right wing and install a new pitot there and call it a minor mod.  

Smart avionics in donegal springs had done a 337 for installation of the experimental G5.