Prepping for Harvey

Txbyker

• Txbyker changed the title to Prepping for Harvey
6 hours ago, Jim F said:

I snapped this last night. Unreal

KRKP in the eye

thoughts and prayers to all

IMG_2185.JPG

The eye took almost 2-1/2 hours to go over Rockport - that must have been eerie going through the violent front end of it, then 2-1/2 hours of calm, knowing that it's coming back with a vengeance.

How safe is your parking spot on all of that alkali sand? I prefer to park where I don't need to tape up the plane to keep it from being damaged.

What are you doing for the gear? Lots of joints and moving parts there. To say nothing of all of the various air intakes for the cabin.

Have fun anyway! At least you are now dry . . . . .  ;)

Here was this morning:

IMG_0215.thumb.PNG.bba50f38b322974d39c2d478d7cad3f0.PNG

So I got cabin fever and decided to drive down and check out the airport (KBPT). Stopped in the hangar to see just a bit of water, but no Mooney. The Mistress is in <wait for it> Houston! Had a text from my IA, she is high and dry <whew>.

• Like 2

My hanger neighbor goes every year.He keeps a pop up camper and bicycles just for burning man.They are in storage in the corner of hanger when not in use.All steel parts are corroded and rusty from their week once a year on the playa.Landing gear parts,brakes and any vent openings fair no better.Using the Bruce custom cover is worst than no cover...the fine dust gets blown inside ,with the wind slapping against the plexiglass...he finally stopped going even though he loves checking out all the T andA

Edited by thinwing

2 hours ago, flyntgr1 said:

Have been able to go out and check your plane?  

Yes, thanks for asking.  The water only came up to the front jack and not anywhere on the plane or the things in my hanger.  That last big flood came up much higher.  I think we are in the clear here in Houston now at David Wayne Hooks as the forecast calls for more clearing.  The water seems to be receding around the airport.

Russ

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1