Landing gear switch

Does the switch have to have that circular shaped handle representing a tire on it to pass an Annual Inspection?  I've noticed that most if not all of the panel pictures posted have them and of course mine doesn't.  I am coming up in December for annual and if I need it I'll need to find one.

45 minutes ago, Dream to fly said:

Does the switch have to have that circular shaped handle representing a tire on it to pass an Annual Inspection?  I've noticed that most if not all of the panel pictures posted have them and of course mine doesn't.  I am coming up in December for annual and if I need it I'll need to find one.

I've never seen any aircraft of any brand, with electric gear, that didn't have that style of switch.  Whether or not having that particular style is an airworthiness issue is probably something you should ask an AI.  I suspect the switch has been standardized in all aircraft for quick identification.

3 hours ago, Whiskey Charlie said:

I've never seen any aircraft of any brand, with electric gear, that didn't have that style of switch.  Whether or not having that particular style is an airworthiness issue is probably something you should ask an AI.  I suspect the switch has been standardized in all aircraft for quick identification.

Comanche. Looks like so 

$_57.jpg

1 hour ago, peevee said:

Comanche. Looks like so 

$_57.jpg

Some Comanches also have a small wheel shaped knob made of aluminum secured to the lever. Many Comanches also had a guarded cover.

Clarence

Clarence

37 minutes ago, paulie said:

FAR 23.781 read it. Your Comanche switch lost it's wheel. 

Never had it..

DocNo. 4080, 29 FR 17955, Dec. 18, 1964; 30 FR 258, Jan. 9, 1965, as amended by Amdt. 23–33, 51 FR 26657, July 24, 1986]