Thickness Clear
(W-)
Part Number
(G.L.A.P.)
Right or
Left
Note: Lens is trimmed oversize due to aircraft variations
We can trim to your lens if supplied.
 Please inform us that you are sending us your lens.
.093"
Polycarb
$ 88.56 2503-RH or
2503-LH

That is great lakes aero plastics; looks like for an Eagle.  New prices appear to be $89.  looks like he is offering for $55, shipped...

1 hour ago, LANCECASPER said:

No, new they are 88.56 each. He’s selling them for $55 each shipped, which is a great price.

http://www.glapinc.com/Mooney/m20m.htm

I’d be surprised if your ‘83 J had wing mounted landing/taxi lights though.

It doesn't but I could if I wanted to spend the money I was asking for a friend as I had said before but I did miss read the price sorry for that my mistake 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Greg_D said:

What did you guys use to trim the lenses?  I've got a pair, but they are way too big to fit without some trimming.

I've got the answer for you… Just recently completed this project myself. Expect about 1-1.5 hrs to complete.

Use your old lens and a black sharpie to mark a rough outline on the new lens. Put the old lens inside the new lens. Make sure you're a strong 1/4 inch too big. Then, use a belt sander flipped upside down to gradually sand away the excess lens material. The belt sander should be a relatively fine grit. Keep checking fit after removing small amounts of lens material. I repeatedly used the sharpie to mark material I needed removed. Just go back and forth between the fit on your plane and the sander. You do not want the lenses to fit perfectly tight. You need a small gap all the way around to allow for expansion and contraction or the lens may crack at one of the screw sites.

Now comes the fun part.....Drilling the holes. I would suggest obtaining a drill bit specifically for plexiglass. You can use a generic drill bit but they are very aggressive and you may find that they crack the plexiglass material. I used the old lenses and drilled multiple holes just practicing before moving on to the new lens. Place the new lens in its position on the wing (after fitting is complete) and with the sharpie mark each of the screw holes sites. MAKE SURE THE LENS IS HELD SECURELY IN PLACE WHILE MARKING. Then, with the lens secured on a firm surface (I used wood), Drill each of the holes without hesitation. Don't be timid at this point or you'll mess up. I had 2 drill sizes, one that perfectly fit the screw, the other slightly bigger to accommodate the shaped washer. If the smaller hole was not in perfect position (on trial placement) you can cheat a little from one side to the other with the larger drill bit thus allowing the hole to line up properly.

• Like 1

Great write up @L. Trotter.  I also did this same exercise about a year ago.   Using this same procedure, my new lenses fit perfectly, with no cracking around the holes or perimeter of the lens.  It takes awhile as you said, but gives the best results.  To @Greg_D, patience is the key.

Steve