Retractable Step - Convert to Manual

Have manual retractable on my 20C and no step on my 20F.  I do prefer the manual step verse no step and would not remove (just one guys opinion).

However, the solution is simple for me.  In the hanger I leave a block step sitting on the hanger floor where she is parked and leave a small call it "kids potty type" step in the cargo hold.

interesting ?

I guess a small venturi would work how much speed would it cost and you could dual purposes it by connection it to a relief tube for the pilot.

If the FAA would let you:( there are many 12V electric actuators on the market that could raise and lower the step for you.

On 8/22/2017 at 4:13 PM, steingar said:

Better off removing it.  I've got the manual and I barely use it, indeed it comes down for Mrs. Steingar and thus far no one else.  Just a pain to crank.

Better off leaving the engine vac to cycle the step as designed...I would not like hopping on and off wing without step. My wife would hate it. 

I have a vacum system in my 65C, it didn't work for about a year but turned out to be an easy fix. Somehow the cable worked off the pulley, I lubed everything and checked for leaks and seems to be working ok. I agree with others though. If it quits again I'll probably just take it off. 

You've probably already looked but if you haven't worth checking.