Goodbye, Farewell, Auf Weidersein

XXX

7 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

Also sorry to see you go!  Now I'm wondering which post?

Best I can figure, it was tied to the thread about the burning crash on the highway divider, that's where his last several posts were. What'd he write? No idea, I was at work all day, but read up on it at lunch.

I remember now.  You called out those no-good left wing mud daubers in the fuel tank vent thread. :)

If I was going to the Summit I'd look you up to have a beer.  And I wouldn't care who you voted for or what your t-shirt said!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XXX said:

Here's the thread that pissed him off...

Just thought you might want to know.

I'll miss you guys too. Hank, I'll find you at the Summit for that beer. Kevin knows me. I'll be wearing the MAGA t shirt.

Screenshot_20170821-160109.png

Maybe after a while you can simply start posting as triple X....sounds like a Mexican beer

• Like 1

You should've known by now that it's his site, he is entitled to make the rules - just or unjust.

But it's internet, for goodness sake, no one knows you personally and vice versa. It's easy to dish out attacks and to receive some. So what?! 

But, one thing for certain, you stand to loose more if you leave, @Chupacabra

ps. And it has nothing to do with right vs left wing, @Andy95W blaming on all the world's problems on the ideology you don't subscribe to on a non-political forum is a sure way to get a penalty point. Lol. 

The tag on the title was, I'm sure, a farewell shot, but still in poor taste. Craig does a great job providing, maintaining and policing our little community there. So... back to airplanes.

I'm flying to OKC for business tomorrow. I'm in Austin. Our regional VP lives out west of Austin and has asked me if he can ride along instead of flying Southwest. He's never been in a Mooney. It will be 100 degrees on the ramp when I pick him up. We'll see how it goes. He's been sworn to secrecy as I don't want Legal to know I use the plane occasionally.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, peevee said:

Be careful. Those fools like to come to a complete stop on interstate on ramps.

They must have learned to drive in Texas, where Yield means come to a screeching halt even when there is no traffic.

2 minutes ago, kpaul said:

They must have learned to drive in Texas, where Yield means come to a screeching halt even when there is no traffic.

They do that here in nowhere, Alabama too. Drives me crazy!

That, and the 3-5 second pause at Stop signs . . . .

Edited by Hank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

The tag on the title was, I'm sure, a farewell shot, but still in poor taste. Craig does a great job providing, maintaining and policing our little community there. So... back to airplanes.

I'm flying to OKC for business tomorrow. I'm in Austin. Our regional VP lives out west of Austin and has asked me if he can ride along instead of flying Southwest. He's never been in a Mooney. It will be 100 degrees on the ramp when I pick him up. We'll see how it goes. He's been sworn to secrecy as I don't want Legal to know I use the plane occasionally.

Well, speaking of sore subjects,  how do we change this corporate mentality where legal tells folks how they travel?  I hope your VP sees the benefit and has some leverage in changing the policy!

• Like 2

Just now, takair said:

Well, speaking of sore subjects,  how do we change this corporate mentality where legal tells folks how they travel?  I hope your VP sees the benefit and has some leverage in changing the policy!

I actually out rank this VP myself but in a publicly traded company, no one out ranks Legal.  We don't actually have a policy about private air travel. But I don't want anyone in Legal to ask why or if we should.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I actually out rank this VP myself but in a publicly traded company, no one out ranks Legal.  We don't actually have a policy about private air travel. But I don't want anyone in Legal to ask why or if we should.

Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

• Like 5

I simply warned a couple users to stop talking politics in the forums...and politely.  No bans, etc.  Just deleted the posts that did not belong and warned those that I deleted.

If that is too much for you then I guess farewell and safe flying. B)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

. . .blaming on all the world's problems on the ideology you don't subscribe to . . .

See Rocket's posts. Many of the world's problems are demonstrably caused by putting lawyers in charge of what we do and how we do it.

8 minutes ago, Hank said:

See Rocket's posts. Many of the world's problems are demonstrably caused by putting lawyers in charge of what we do and how we do it.

I have had 2 attorneys as plane partners. All I can say is never again.

• Haha 1