Keeping your medical

Hi, In 1969 I weighed a whopping 128 pounds. Some 40 years later I weigh 156 pounds. I'm sure our largness has something to do with the ease of obtaining the calories. None of us have to open ground with physical effort or forage through the rainforest canopy to obtain food. I've worked in healthcare for 27 years and can't for the life of me understand POWERED exercise equipment! Some of my retirement work will include putting generators on all exercise equipment to run the lights and TVs in the GYM! Maybe even sell some of it back to the electric company. I've become very aware of the physical size of some of my passengers. When placed in the context of a cockpit that could easily fit people of 1969 I have had to be very aware of weight and balance. I can no longer put 4 people in a 172 without concern.

I was alway told that a 172 was a 3-adult aircraft. My plane will only carry four adult males if I off-load some fuel. Took cousins, etc. to Kitty Hawk with 34 gallons, crossed the Sound, filled back to 34 gallons for the return. Flight time was ~1½ hours, but there's no need to take away any options.

P.S.--in 1969, I weighed <50 lbs . . . but I have put on about 40 since college that I could stand to shed. Like you said, calories are too easy to come by.