What is this tube?

JoshMan

sorry for the poor image quality.  Can you guys tell me anything about the black tube with yellow writing on it? It's right next to the blow by tube on the left side.  Had some fuel on the ground next to the front tire this morning and it seems to be coming from this tube.  I can get some better images if needed.

Thanks!

Josh

IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

Looks like it could be coming from your fuel squibber drain at the bottom of the intake dump. Strange routing, did you recently have a hot start or over prime on a start. If the fuel is from the bottom of the sump and not the fuel pump itself I would continue to monitor. Excess fuel in the intake system.

-Matt

It looks like the drain hose from the bottom of the intake plenum, normally connected to the sniffle valve.  The hose spec is wrong, that is Stratoflex 193 meant for instrument air, it should be Mil-H-6000 hose for fuel and oil.

Clarence

Yes, sniffle valve at the sump drain.  Intended to drain excess fuel from the manifold when the engine is not running.  Fuel coming from it could be from flooding during start, excess fuel in the injector lines after shut down, or if your idle cutoff does not quite cut off.