Great State of Maine Airshow 26th, 27th

TonyK

Thanks for mentioning.  I'm interested although a bit day to day at the moment.  It's only 40 minutes flight for me.  I assume they've got fly-in directing/parking sorted? Nothing on the website covers that.

You'd think I would have had enough just having done Oshkosh, but I left before the Blue Angels so this would be good to catch them now.

The woman who I spoke with at the FBO said they would be marshaling airplanes onto their ramp for parking.   I wanted to go to OSH but life got in the way and I really want to make the first trip in there with someone who has done it before.

I would be careful with the people at the FBO in Brunswick. They didn't seem very small GA aircraft friendly while I was there several weeks ago. I was quoted $50 per night for hangar space for my stay and was told if I stayed for the entire week I was scheduled to stay for they would discount that rate substantially. A week later when I departed I was told I was being charged $60 per night. When I asked for an explanation I was told that $60 is what they normally charge for Mooneys and other aircraft in that class and they didn't know why I had been told $50. I just happened to look over and laying on the counter I see the check in card for another aircraft. It had the hangar box checked and showed a rate of $50 per night. When I inquired about what type of aircraft it was that had been given that $50 rate I was told it was a Saratoga. When I told the girl at the counter that a Saratoga was larger than my aircraft and asked why it was cheaper to hangar than mine things just started getting stupid. I asked to talk to the manager about it (who was nowhere to be found)  but the girl at the counter got kinda ugly and I was basically told, "oh well, it is what it is". Someone did finally get the manager on the phone for me (although I never spoke with him directly) and he ended up giving me $50 off my total bill but I wasn't exactly made to feel good about it. No apology, no explanation, just that  "get your cheap plane out of here" attitude that I've gotten at a couple  "if you're not a jet, we don't want you here" FBO's. 

Edited by ziggysanchez

Guest Mike261

Ill be going Saturday...

parking is free for the airshow according to an email i recieved.

tickets on line are ten bucks cheaper and you dont have to walk to get them.

Mike

I'm planning on Saturday as well.  I'll be going wheels up from Rutland early and then a quick hop up to Burlington to pick up my oldest son before heading east.  Forefllight is calling 1.5hrs total.  Anyone done any flights near the Mt. Washington area?  Anything to be aware of?

19 hours ago, Mike261 said:

Ill be going Saturday...

parking is free for the airshow according to an email i recieved.

tickets on line are ten bucks cheaper and you dont have to walk to get them.

Mike

Yep, correct...I confirmed same with the FBO earlier this morning.  Will be there all day Sat.

Steve

• Like 1

Probably old news for everyone going, but GA parking for this is on the NE side of the FBO.  They will have golf carts to take you over to the flightline-side entry gate where they will take tickets.  Parking is indeed free as Tony and Mike indicated, but note the airshow is, unfortunately, not free to those who fly in.  Save $10, buy your tickets online and have them e-mailed to you, or you may risk having to go completely outside the FBO and airshow grounds to buy tickets...at the higher price.  Hope to see some folks there.

Steve