Too much plane... Plane gets ahead of new pilot... Etc...

I will be in vegas and AZ in oct; I plan on flying to vegas to do the chute then drive down to AZ while they work on it; If not then, then xmas would probably be the next time before spring training. 

On the plane, Yea, it was a lot of stuff, but i knew it was due; you cant avoid taxes or insurance. There is hope for next year that the annual will be about $3500, but who knows; mx always seem to find something. Seeing that 35k of it is either 1 time or every 10 yrs, its not so bad. The next time the chute has to be redone it will be $5000 instead of $16k; the extra cost is because of a fault they found in the ignition system, so they redesigned it to be electrical instead of mechanical, but that also means running wires all over the plane for the new system.

Right now its been 3 months since i've been in the air, so i just want to get back in the seat again.

2 hours ago, Samurai Husky said:

The next time the chute has to be redone it will be $5000 instead of $16k; the extra cost is because of a fault they found in the ignition system, so they redesigned it to be electrical instead of mechanical, but that also means running wires all over the plane for the new system.

Right now its been 3 months since i've been in the air, so i just want to get back in the seat again.

I've found if you double expected costs it will be less painful when the bill comes in the mail. Don't worry about mx costs 10 years down the road. You might not even own the plane at that time.  I'm glad you found a place so close to the airport. 

• 3 months later...

The final report for the Cirrus in Houston is out.    I still think the Controller got into her head and became the instructor in the right seat and she started complying with the instructions of "tightening up the turn"  which is something an instructor would say.   The controller was not in the plane to catch that she was slow or climbing.

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/ReportGeneratorFile.ashx?EventID=20160609X50758&AKey=1&RType=Final&IType=FA