Thanks to all

Raptor05121

I don't think I've said it before, but I really want to just thank everyone in this group. You have all been a fantastic inspiration and sort of like family. I know some of us get in heated debates, whether it's about tires, LOP, or whatever but all-in-all, this forum has been an immense part of my ownership experience.

Many of you have made contact with me via PMs, Facebook, texting and calling and many of you have been an immense help to rectifying problems, offering services, ideas, and sending me unwanted items I've had since joining the Mooney family. Being a young owner I really don't have the excess funds to chip in with the multitude of flying groups I'm in, but MooneySpace and the Mooney Caravan/foundation are two I am happy to at least donate a few dollars to even remotely try and pay back how much of a resource it's been to me. I hope to one day be able to spill some knowledge I've learned to newer members.

This forum is invaluable and its member's nothing short of a family. Again, just wanted again to give warm-hearted thanks to you guys. And let's all keep the discussions civil because I might have more questions on tires soon :lol:

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Alex, I think you have already contributed significantly. Your thread on buying and restoring an old Mooney has been read with great interest by everyone and continues to serve as a guide with many lessons for those that are contemplating the same. You have certainly shown everyone that with effort and perseverance Mooney ownership is possible and old birds can be brought back. I have seen others give up far too easily with fewer problems and have always refer them to your thread for inspiration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Hector said:

I'm in!!!

51 minutes ago, Chupacabra said:

So is the Raptor flying now? Let's meet for lunch at Williston.

I got off the phone this morning with my A&P, we should be meeting Wednesday AM. All the parts are sitting in the hangar. Just need to turn some wrenches. I will put a few hours solo on it that afternoon if it all checks out.

I want to say Thursday would be nice for lunch, but I don't want to jynx myself :lol:

24 minutes ago, Raptor05121 said:

Probably THE cheapest fuel in all of the USA ($3.35 right now) and some kicking food!

It's been fun to watch you work on the Mooney and slowly improve it, I'm truly jealous of how many hours you flew last year! I hope my crappy parts I sent you at least helped a little.

Side note-I got fuel in the middle of nowhere last week at Jones field (F00) in Bonham, TX and it was $3.29 :D

21 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

I don't think I've said it before, but I really want to just thank everyone in this group. You have all been a fantastic inspiration and sort of like family. I know some of us get in heated debates, whether it's about tires, LOP, or whatever but all-in-all, this forum has been an immense part of my ownership experience.

Many of you have made contact with me via PMs, Facebook, texting and calling and many of you have been an immense help to rectifying problems, offering services, ideas, and sending me unwanted items I've had since joining the Mooney family. Being a young owner I really don't have the excess funds to chip in with the multitude of flying groups I'm in, but MooneySpace and the Mooney Caravan/foundation are two I am happy to at least donate a few dollars to even remotely try and pay back how much of a resource it's been to me. I hope to one day be able to spill some knowledge I've learned to newer members.

This forum is invaluable and its member's nothing short of a family. Again, just wanted again to give warm-hearted thanks to you guys. And let's all keep the discussions civil because I might have more questions on tires soon :lol:

Oh snap. Can't have any of this......

I like my numbers in the Red Box. I love the way she sings when I have her there. 

Whew. Okay. Back to normal. 

So what's in Williston?  Good on field restaurant?

Williston airport is special to me in a more profound way. It is very close to Gainesville, Florida. Home to the University of Florida where 30 years ago a young Aerospace Engineering student met this girl and convinced her to go on a date with him. Hoping to make a great impression he prepared a pick nick basket and flew her from Gainesville to Williston (in a very old 150 that was barely airworthy) where he taxied to the end of the runway near a large oak tree and had a great time. I guess it worked. 30 years later and two great kids. My daughter now also attending the University of Florida and she has been warned about accepting airplane rides from poor students in questionable airplanes. She may listen, but hope she doesn't.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, N6758N said:

It's been fun to watch you work on the Mooney and slowly improve it, I'm truly jealous of how many hours you flew last year! I hope my crappy parts I sent you at least helped a little.

Side note-I got fuel in the middle of nowhere last week at Jones field (F00) in Bonham, TX and it was $3.29 :D

Easy there, not quite the middle of nowhere. That's my home drone! 

• Like 1

Awesome story, Hector.

I'm on night shift friday and Saturday, but I could burn some personal leave before it expires in October.

Alex let us know what works for you. Saturday or Sunday might get a few more to join in, but if Friday is the day I'll fly directly from New Bern, NC to Williston. No sweat even for an old C.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:31 PM, Raptor05121 said:

Probably THE cheapest fuel in all of the USA ($3.35 right now) and some kicking food!

That's what I've been paying in Lower Alabama for the past couple of years. Just very few places to eat, and nothing at all where I buy fuel, and no fuel / food / services where I am hangared . . .  :(

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Just very few places to eat, and nothing at all where I buy fuel, and no fuel / food / services where I am hangared . . .  :(

That's not acceptable! Come on down Hank, we'll hook you up with some good ole southern cookin'. 

2 hours ago, Chupacabra said:

That's not acceptable! Come on down Hank, we'll hook you up with some good ole southern cookin'. 

Aren't ya'll about halfway down the Atlantic coast? I'm almost an hour's flight due north of Panama City Beach. Lots of great Southern cooking around, just not near the airports.

See ya'll at the Summit?

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Aren't ya'll about halfway down the Atlantic coast? I'm almost an hour's flight due north of Panama City Beach. Lots of great Southern cooking around, just not near the airports.

See ya'll at the Summit?

More like north central FL.  Raptor is closer to the gulf side, but transitioning FL east to west is  a cake walk for a Mooney. I plan on being at the Summit.