Landing a Mooney

Yetti

I like to say "flying is easy, landing is hard"   Lots of threads of how to land recently.   I am not an expert, but I like to study and become better.  A normal landing for me is.  Reduce throttle to descend. Touch nothing else.  15" in the pattern.   If still above white arc at the threshold pull up a bit, hit white arc.  Put gear out.   Do a U turn to land.  Throttle management and half flaps on base. It is all about energy management.  Management of the energy in the plane and energy management of the winds for what they are that day.  So it means you are slowing all the way from the threshold to touch down.  Seems like my touch down speeds are 68-65mph according to the GPS videos. The only thing I really use the ASI for is to not go below 90MPH without flaps being out per the PoH. The rest of it is just flying the plane and making sure all the angles and distances in the 3D problem are lining up properly. 

Basically, I concur with your description. At lease in my M20C. Of course your description fits ideal light wind conditions. But it is a starting point from which you have to adapt to the existing conditions. I got used to use my AOA indicator in conjunction with my ASI and that has helped tremendously.