rear seat harness for children

Hi everyone.

I just completed the purchase of my first upgrade, the Alpha Aviation front seat shoulder harnesses and that got me to thinking, are there any options for the rear seats? Specifically, do any of you have harness solutions for your children? I have a 6 year old who is probably too big for a car seat and booster seats use the shoulder belts from your vehicle, so that doesn't help. I see there is a FAA Approved harness that is more for commercial travel and will not work since this in a bench seat. Does anyone have any suggestions for me for a child restraint?

Thanks to everyone.

I'm using these for my 4 and 6 year olds, but they require a shoulder strap.  They are super convenient to take out and use in a rental car, uber, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H5VJJXK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried several other options (booster seat, full size car seat with a back, etc), and the arms on them blocked access to the buckle, making it really difficult to unlatch.  Obviously that's not good for an emergency situation.  With these, unlatching is easy, and the kids can unbuckle themselves if they need to.

On my last E model I fashioned brackets and installed shoulder belts for the rear seats.  They are stronger than the front anchors and attach to primary structure.  I felt that in the case of an accident, my children had a better chance of survival with a shoulder belt than without one.

Clarence

• 4 years later...

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone could recommend a brand/model booster for my daughter. The seat/shoulder belt does not fit well and her legs arent long enough to hang down (can trap her feet when the front seat is pushed back). It would probably be best to have her sit in a booster which will raise her up and place her feet on the seat along with providing a good fitting seat/belt. She is about 44 inches and 45 lbs. She LOVES LOVES LOVES flying. Has anything changed or has anyone learned anything they can pass along? Thank you.

Freddy