Avidyne IFD550 ADS-B I/O Promo

HRM

Avidyne is offering their IFD550 with 'free' ADS-B I/O. It looks to be less than 20 AMU with all the necessary stuff to install.

Since my IFR glass panel upgrade budget just happens to be 30 AMU, this looks like it may be the solution for me.

Any comments from current owners? Avidyne seems to be the Avis to the Kool-Aid vendors Hertz; i.e., they try harder.

42 minutes ago, HRM said:

Avidyne is offering their IFD550 with 'free' ADS-B I/O. It looks to be less than 20 AMU with all the necessary stuff to install. Since my IFR glass panel upgrade budget just happens to be 30 AMU, this looks like it may be the solution for me. Any comments from current owners? Avidyne seems to be the Avis to the Kool-Aid vendors Hertz; i.e., they try harder.

The Avidyne 550 is awesome ! I've had one since they were first released. I bought the upgrade when I originally bought my 540. I think Chase can get you into a 550 for a bit under $20k.

2 minutes ago, gitmo234 said:

hmmm.. on or about the 28th of August im getting ready to make the jump with Chase. Turning in my 430W for a 440 + a combo package for skytrax 100 and transponder. I wonder how this would work 

The connectors are the same on a 430W and a 440 or 540. If you can free up some space it is well worth the difference to go with a 540 instead of a 440. I was at an Avidyne weeekend training and everyone who had a 440 wished they had just done the 540.

• Like 3

430-> 540.  It's a new rack and back plate.  May be as simple as moving something out and unscrewing the old rack.  Could be more complicated with riveting a new rack and fashioning a plate to cover an empty hole.  Gets real complicated if you need to move other equipment especially to the right panel. 

The good news is that the connectors are identical.  You you'll have that going for you.