Ordered everything for a Stratux build

I'm in the process of buying a '64 M20C with some very nice equipment. It has a KT 74 for ADSB Out already. The current owner uses a Stratus 2S for his ADSB In. I like to tinker a bit so I decided to order the parts to put my own Stratux together. 

I know you have to do something to marry up your out and in so you'll receive everything you should, but I'm fuzzy on the details. How do you set up the Stratux and/or ForeFlight properly for this?

I have not heard of pairing a portable ADS-B "in" with an installed ADS-B "out".   Your KT74 should be configured to tell the ground stations to transmit a TIS-B traffic "hockey puck" but there is nothing that needs to be done between your stratux and KT74 as far as I know.   I built my own stratux and it works great - I'm not ADS-B out compliant yet...

http://ipadpilotnews.com/2016/01/ads-b-traffic-101-2/

In the Stratux configuration you can set the Mode S code of the airplane you're flying, so that it doesn't show you as traffic (which can get a little confusing).  Other than that there isn't any pairing that needs to be done if you're using a tablet for traffic display.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

In the Stratux configuration you can set the Mode S code of the airplane you're flying, so that it doesn't show you as traffic (which can get a little confusing).  Other than that there isn't any pairing that needs to be done if you're using a tablet for traffic display.

Thanks, I think this is what I was trying to remember. 

When you hook up your tablet to the Stratux, go to your internet browser and go to the address 192.168.10.1.  This goes to the Stratux setup (I believe it can copy a link to your home page).  If you go to the Settings tab, there is an entry for your Mode S code.

• Like 1