Tint and carpet

I had put tint on the front windows this time but decided to take it off. While I could see out, even at night, it made things a little hazy, which I didn't like. I went back to having just a strip across the top of the window to help with the sun coming in which doesn't affect my view. I also have a strip along the top of the windshield because I don't have any sunscreens. The windshield one is an elliptical shape. I put a piece of blue painter's tape on each side and one in the middle so I had a straight line across, then laid the tint on and used a piece of string to get the shape. The pictures make it look like it the tint on the windshield goes lower than it really does.

20170826_092304_HDR.thumb.jpg.1a1bbba29e8c1fddc47b4385ca3badcb.jpg20170826_092357_HDR.thumb.jpg.cda248e003b7893d58e940a56f8e8982.jpg20170826_092624_HDR.thumb.jpg.4cf3c8fcf7152ee6fb746d216c2d26f8.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/11/2017 at 10:09 PM, philipneeper said:

If anyone is wanting a Midget Mustang, please send them my way. needs to go ASAP!!

-Philip

Who doesn't want a Midget Mustang?  The more relevant question is who can afford the care and feeding?

And thank you for your service.

• 8 months later...
I was out yesterday and replaced the tint on the one rear window that had gotten scratched up. I took pictures and wrote up how to tint your windows. I know many of you have already done it but others have expressed apprehension about doing it. Take a look at how easy it is. (And if you mess up a couple of times one roll of tint for $13.00 is enough to make a few mistakes and still have more left over.
Window Tinting - Made Easy

17d1b78ed5eae649801f6b6702ffe56c.jpg Better late than never. A little sloppy; it will be much easier next time around. Thanks for posting your instructions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, kevinw said:

17d1b78ed5eae649801f6b6702ffe56c.jpg Better late than never. A little sloppy; it will be much easier next time around. Thanks for posting your instructions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad it helped. I did the first window three times, it gets a little better each time... 

A year later and it's getting a little blurry so I will probably pull it off and redo it. The tint is cheap. 

• Like 1

For those of you that have tinted their plexi glass, has it bubbled yet? 

I’m trying to cover a set of plexi sunshades for a helicopter. Basically curved Rosen visors. I was trying to go for the nasa Gold or silver look. With UV protectant. All of the auto tint shops said it would bubble on the plexi. I know some of you have had their windows tinted for a few years now. I’ve asked around a lot, not much data...

thoughts? 

-Matt

B1B8AF54-9234-4D45-9758-6013C9272AE3.png

2AE6B6D4-08A2-42AB-BDE3-C8CF2B6DFBC3.jpeg

51 minutes ago, MB65E said:

For those of you that have tinted their plexi glass, has it bubbled yet? 

I’m trying to cover a set of plexi sunshades for a helicopter. Basically curved Rosen visors. I was trying to go for the nasa Gold or silver look. With UV protectant. All of the auto tint shops said it would bubble on the plexi. I know some of you have had their windows tinted for a few years now. I’ve asked around a lot, not much data...

thoughts? 

-Matt

I have had mine on for about a year now and it hasn't bubbled at all. It doesn't seem as clear as when it first went on, just a little hazy (maybe my imagination) but no bubbles.

The glued on tint used by auto tint shops will likely bubble as the plexiglass breaths and the tint/glue doesn't. The tint that @Skates97 recommends and I used as well, also breaths and is just using static cling to stay on the window. I've not had any bubbling in mine and it's been about a year.

I tinted the windows of my previous truck using stuff from walmart and a spray bottle of water. Avoiding bubbles is all in good prepararion, plenty of water, and working them out immediately. Gotta be clean before putting on the tint, and have a nice, clean piece of microfiber handy to wipe from the middle out to the edges.

The disadvantage of tinting plexi is that you can't make an approximate trim, position it, then trim with a knife affer it dries . . . .