brittain servos

Brittain sells Mooney autopilot servos for about $200 apiece, my airplane partner got a quote just this week.  My understanding is these parts are not brand new, they're refurbished cans with new rubber boots and seals (tape), that come with a yellow tag.

Their inventory of these parts is limited, it waxes and wanes over time.  In our case, it turns out they don't have all the exact make/models we need at this time, so we're going to have to pull our existing servos out of the airplane and send them in for overhaul.  Overhaul of our existing units is going to run about $150 each.  So cheaper, but longer down time while the parts are shipped back and forth.

Had we been able to purchase the "new" units, my assumption is we could have sent the old ones in later for some amount of credit, but I don't know that for sure.  My partner made the calls and I don't have the details.