peevee

1983 M20K 231 ROCKET 305 for sale

Bob_Belville    2,786
8 hours ago, peevee said:

Can't afford it.

Maybe... do you have any way to take advantage of the investment tax credits, accelerated depreciation, and other financial incentives available? Together with attractive financing plans a profitable corporation might well find new is very competitive with much cheaper used.

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

peevee    874
1 hour ago, Bob_Belville said:

Maybe... do you have any way to take advantage of the investment tax credits, accelerated depreciation, and other financial incentives available? Together with attractive financing plans a profitable corporation might well find new is very competitive with much cheaper used.

nope

Jerry 5TJ    742
19 hours ago, peevee said:

I'd do terrible things for a Malibu. I hear the engines don't last long and they're slow but that's traveling in style.

Get one with a PT6A-34 and it will probably make its TBO of 4000 hours.   No, not real fast, but 240-250 knots cruise at FL250. 

peevee    874
25 minutes ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

Get one with a PT6A-34 and it will probably make its TBO of 4000 hours.   No, not real fast, but 240-250 knots cruise at FL250. 

No way I can afford that.

MIm20c    31
1 hour ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

No reason for a mooney pilot to stop at a Piper, might as well pick up a nice used TBM. 

• Like 1

peevee    874
17 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

No reason for a mooney pilot to stop at a Piper, might as well pick up a nice used TBM. 

I'll pass the collection plate and see what comes back. Tbm is sweet, jet prop seems like quite a value. I'll never own either.

KLRDMD    470
16 minutes ago, peevee said:

I'll pass the collection plate and see what comes back. Tbm is sweet, jet prop seems like quite a value. I'll never own either.

If you don't have pressurized time, be sure and look at insurance. Some of the requirements to transition into a pressurized airplane, especially a turboprop, can be staggering. A 3-5 day initial formal school and one year of dual isn't unusual unless you have an impressive aviation resume.

peevee    874
1 hour ago, KLRDMD said:

If you don't have pressurized time, be sure and look at insurance. Some of the requirements to transition into a pressurized airplane, especially a turboprop, can be staggering. A 3-5 day initial formal school and one year of dual isn't unusual unless you have an impressive aviation resume.

The only pressurized airplanes in the budget are the 337 or 210. Don't really want either and my bank account won't support anything better. Sr22t it probably is 

rbridges    1,254
23 hours ago, peevee said:

It's a nice flying plane. Just not quite right for us. For a guy out west youd be hard pressed to find a better mountain flyer. Climb is pretty impressive.

It hurts me to give up the payload, knots, and 25 gallons of fuel capacity but the wife approval factor is higher for the Cirrus.

I'll include transition training or delivery for fuel costs :D

gotta keep the wife happy, and I think it's great that you do angel flights.  That's a good looking plane. 

• Like 1

peevee    874
On 8/12/2017 at 10:10 PM, Bryan said:

Beautiful plane, wish I could upgrade my 231 to this.

Sell it and buy ours, it's probably cheaper :D

Dream to fly    154

This has got to be a bad joke on me...  I just got a call from the original owner's daughter of my plane and she is very interested in returning the plane to her family.  Then I see this thread,  I think @peevee and I need to talk.:rolleyes: 

• Like 1

peevee    874
2 minutes ago, Dream to fly said:

This has got to be a bad joke on me...  I just got a call from the original owner's daughter of my plane and she is very interested in returning the plane to her family.  Then I see this thread,  I think @peevee and I need to talk.:rolleyes: 

I'll deliver, no problem. I'll toss in transition training :D

Dream to fly    154
1 minute ago, peevee said:

I'll deliver, no problem. I'll toss in transition training :D

Don't kid I am talking to the wife right now.  After the day I had a little hope is a good thing! I had my tow truck so deep in mud I had to call the competition to bring in a heavy to get me out and while all this is going on I get a call from the daughter of the original owner telling me I have to sell her the plane.    This might just turn out to be a good day.  We will see what she does tomorrow when I send her the info she requested. 

• Like 1

Godfather    235
5 minutes ago, Dream to fly said:

Don't kid I am talking to the wife right now.  After the day I had a little hope is a good thing! I had my tow truck so deep in mud I had to call the competition to bring in a heavy to get me out and while all this is going on I get a call from the daughter of the original owner telling me I have to sell her the plane.    This might just turn out to be a good day.  We will see what she does tomorrow when I send her the info she requested. 

If you want a hot rod this is your plane!  If you try to upgrade the F to this level of speed (adding a turbo) you will still be left wanting more. 

Dream to fly    154
Just now, Godfather said:

If you want a hot rod this is your plane!  If you try to upgrade the F to this level of speed (adding a turbo) you will still be left wanting more. 

LMAO....  I just told my wife this and she is not happy but understands that HP=speed and Speed makes me happy. If I can swing this I'll never ask for another thing again.  Remember those bribes as a kid I wonder if it still works

peevee    874
2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

You can turbo normalize the f and you're still 105hp short :)

Dream to fly    154

All kidding aside if this woman buys back this plane I am going to figure it out.  Funny how things change or fall into place I just contacted a member here on the forum about his RayJay parts that he has for sale and contacted LASAR for a 201 windshield upgrade.