Wonderful World of Flying #2

gsxrpilot

5 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

The first 15 minutes of this are all about the M20K 252 TSE. Thanks to @"Chocks" for pointing out my 252, N252AD, flying in the opening formation flight scene. Look for it at 0:45 into the video.

Nice.... as many artists have pointed out, I just wasted a joyful hour of watching...

• Like 1

That was a great video. I’m sure I would learn a lot if I were to watch more of these.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mooney Enthusiast and Photographer at Petstreetmall, we're your pet supplies experts.

Edited by FlyBorne
  • Like 1

The original invoice on my '86 252 (purchased in early '87) was somewhere around $180,000 which included every option offered from what I can tell/remember.  I'll have to dig up the invoice and post a pic.

Btw, notice the very high oil and CHT temps at altitude.  I'm guessing cowl flaps were not opened and fuel looked to be at peak EGT based on the chart on the visor.  Plus, of course, at FL 270 there's not much air as noted in the video

William

• 2 weeks later...

What a great video.  Each segment was awesome.  I wish we had something like that today.  I would have totally dug it had I been a young lad. 

Look at the 5:00 or so when the chief engineer is talking about what we talk about today- why would anyone buy a new mooney when a used one could be purchased and does the same thing.