Engine mounts

Hey guys...

I have looked through the parts manual but cannot figure out which engine mounts to use on my 75F model. Serial# 22-1286.

I'm sure the part numbers have been changed over the years. Can anybody give me insight into which mounts I need to get?

I want to do these before David's cowl mod gets done in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just ordered some new Lord mounts for my F and my mechanic is changing them next week.  Does not look like an easy job, especially the bottom two, but he's done them before so hopefully it goes well.  The Lord part number is J-9613-12.

• Like 1

Just ordered some new Lord mounts for my F and my mechanic is changing them next week.  Does not look like an easy job, especially the bottom two, but he's done them before so hopefully it goes well.  The Lord part number is J-9613-12.
Excellent! Thanks!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Boilermonkey said:

How do you know if the mounts are ready to be replaced?

Any idea how many hours of labor for the job?

Just did these on my 65 M20C.  Its a two person job and typically takes 2-3 hours.  I provided labor to assist my mechanic and was there a full day working on various gripes and he charged me 1/2 day of labor.  You might want to consider waiting until the cowl mod is done as shimming the motor afterward may be required and probably easier to do at the same time.

The engine sags...

Check the distance between the top of the cowl and the prop vs the bottom of the cowl and the prop.  Some cowls are easier to measure than others...

Find a plane exactly like yours and see if there is a difference...

If the sag is extreme, expect that a broken weld may be causing the challenge.

If the sag fixes itself,  the broken weld didn't fix itself...

Stuff I learned  as a C owner, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

How do you know if the mounts are ready to be replaced?
Any idea how many hours of labor for the job?
I'm just doing mine because they are original and would like to have everything new specs when I do David's cowling mod.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk