LASAR FLY IN

bonal

I Know it's on their web site but just thought I would mention LASAR is having a MOONEY fly in at Lampson field K1o2 August 26/27.  There will be on field camping

You can register on their site for activities lunch and a drawing for a free annual

They're sending me a shirt, so I suppose the least I can do is show up to the fly in. Barring the usual family/work/friends obligations, I will be there. In recent years it has been very, very difficult to attend weekend fly in events. Only 52 week ends and they are all already booked, or the weather sucks.

If you want to see a real fixed-gear Mooney, ours will be there. I won't be flying it but one of the partners will be and is looking forward to attending. It's only a 15 minute hop over the hill. Lasar always puts on a great event.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 0:39 PM, bonal said:

I Know it's on their web site but just thought I would mention LASAR is having a MOONEY fly in at Lampson field K1o2 August 26/27.  There will be on field camping

You can register on their site for activities lunch and a drawing for a free annual

Do you have to reserve the on field camping, or can I just show up? I think I might like to try airplane camping.

26 minutes ago, DaV8or said:

Do you have to reserve the on field camping, or can I just show up? I think I might like to try airplane camping.

Not sure but heck you could probably fly to Lampson and set up camp there any time and no one would even notice

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 1:14 PM, Sven said:

If you want to see a real fixed-gear Mooney, ours will be there. I won't be flying it but one of the partners will be and is looking forward to attending. It's only a 15 minute hop over the hill. Lasar always puts on a great event.

I was thinking about you this week, Sven...

One of the last remaining M20Ds on rigid legs was at my home port this week.  It used to live in NJ (39N) and went away for a while...

Of course, it was dark out as I was driving by, so no pic this time... I have a witness.  My wife asked 'who's Mooney is that?' So I had to go back and look.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...