1981 M20J Restored by Daytona Aircraft Services **SOLD**

jclemens

8 minutes ago, amillet said:

How about not allowing any replies to "for sale" posts.  PM only?

This is exactly what I was thinking. But it should never have to come to that. I think "stompers" just need to act like adults. Period.

I enjoy reading the background and thoughts from everyone along with the feedback from the seller. That's what helps me decide. Otherwise this forum is just another Trade-a-plane.

I've said this before but I plan on buying a plane next year when my significant other is out of school. I was leaning heavily on a purchase from this site because of the in-depth info provided.

...Just thoughts from a potential buyer...

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

If I became a moderator half of you would be banned for life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Btdt. Ran a forum for years. Sold it. Much headaches. The administration side much more fun than the moderation side. Got my own server to play with :D

From my point of view as a new member I have to say that I want to hear both sides, good and bad. As someone new to airplanes and flying, and someone who will be purchasing a plane within the next 12-18 months that last thing I want to see is a "ad" for a plane with nothing but good comments and then find out later that it was completely out of the ballpark crazy.

Now, I also agree that no one should "attack" an ad, or a post...but being told both sides of the story. That's a main reason for forums like this. Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kmyfm20s said:

She is cute but she needs to turn her Bose headset around:)

I wear mine on that side. the boom unscrews and changes sides. It's also how I know mine from my wife's so my phone is paired with mine and not the one she's wearing 

I'm so used to the boom on the right it's one of the reasons I sold my halos. Can't switch sides.

9 hours ago, peevee said:

I wear mine on that side. the boom unscrews and changes sides. It's also how I know mine from my wife's so my phone is paired with mine and not the one she's wearing 

I'm so used to the boom on the right it's one of the reasons I sold my halos. Can't switch sides.

Her boom wasn't switched her headset is on backwards. Good idea switching one set to tell them apart.

11 hours ago, Drumstick said:

If this plane had been available 6 months ago...or if I could sell my M20C for what I paid for it...I would be all over this plane like a fat kid on a donut.  No offense to fat kids or donuts intended.

If you think it would help, I can throw in a couple dozen donuts....;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's very bad form to respond to "For Sale" posts like some of you have. To rich for your blood, just pass it on by. No one is interested in your opinion of someone else's item and or price. (Don't like what your watching.....change the channel)

• Like 10

On Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM, co2bruce said:

It's very bad form to respond to "For Sale" posts like some of you have. To rich for your blood, just pass it on by. No one is interested in your opinion of someone else's item and or price. (Don't like what your watching.....change the channel)

....and I was about to say the price you're asking for a '99 S is to LOW, especially when compared to subject '81 J model :P

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

MooneySpace is a tough place to sell a plane. The critics come out of the woodwork. The critics, by the way, almost always already own a Mooney and are not in the market for another one.  Then there are the natural biases that come into play. Guys who have spent a ton on avionics and rely on their planes for transportation don’t understand that not everyone needs or wants all of that “unnecessary” stuff to pay for and maintain.  Other guys, like me, whose Mooneys are more akin to the ‘63 Corvette split window that they would otherwise if they weren’t also pilots, would never even consider buying a plane that the previous owners didn’t even think enough of to always hangar. 

You get the idea.  It is bad enough that I’m not sure I will even list my “runout” J here when I intend to sell it in a few months, inspite of the fact that it looks pretty much like a new airplane and will be priced in the 40s.  1940 hours on a factory reman. It’s previous 3 engines all went to 2800 hours. Hopefully the next owner will be as lucky. :)

Jim

Jim -- I would NEVER, EVER attempt to sell my Mooney on this site. Not only are the critics slanted to their own opinion, many spew misinformation that would make it impossible for a potential buyer to get fact based information to make an informed decision. And there are others who think upgrading or updating a plane has no inherent value. Yes, indeed, selling your plane on this site would be like saying you are going to marry Jennifer Aniston. Someone will point out she is too old, has wrinkles on her skin and is sagging and needs new donuts. 

• Like 5