Goona settle the Halo vs ANR headset question for good!

5 minutes ago, Marcopolo said:

At Osh last year there were a few booths selling custom or semi-custom ear pieces, there was also an audiologist in the Mooney Caravan, sorry his name escapes me, but he was making custom ear molds and having ear pieces made for a variety of in ear headset types at a pretty good discount over what I've priced locally.  Hopefully he shows up with his kits and discounts again this year!

Ron

That was most probably Phil McCandless, the owner of Halo and a fellow Mooney diver who appears here on MS as pmccand

18 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

That was most probably Phil McCandless, the owner of Halo and a fellow Mooney diver who appears here on MS as pmccand

I'm pretty sure Phil recommends against using custom ear molds with his Halo headsets. But I've noted his objections... and still prefer my custom ear molds.

• Like 1

I have the ear canals of an infant, I do get minor medical problems form it from time to time.  I would do the in-ear headsets, I think it a great idea, but none of the plugs fit me.  If I could mate a custom earpiece with an in ear headset it'd be a no-brainer.

Just now, David Herman said:

A few years ago I caught the cord of my wife’s Halos getting out if the airplane and totally ripped the wires out of the box ... mailed to Phil with a check for repair  ... He fixed them, returned them promptly with my check ... with a note that was too much money ... send him $20. 

Identical thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Phil fixed it for nothing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, David Herman said:

Just curious ... we just bought a system to use ... do you use the mustache style with the halos ... or pendant style?

I use the mustache style, kinda tighten it under chin since halos won’t apply any pressure on the hose

23 hours ago, steingar said:

I have the ear canals of an infant, I do get minor medical problems form it from time to time.  I would do the in-ear headsets, I think it a great idea, but none of the plugs fit me.  If I could mate a custom earpiece with an in ear headset it'd be a no-brainer.

That's exactly what I did with my Halo's. They're awesome!

22 hours ago, David Herman said:

Just curious ... we just bought a system to use ... do you use the mustache style with the halos ... or pendant style?

I've used both. I prefer the pendant style but either works equally well with the Halos.