Off-yoke support for iPad mini?

I bought the Stratus 2S so I could get the CB version of AHRS Backup Attitude feature and Synthetic Vision.  I have always used a yoke-mount for the iPad Mini with my old Stratus 1, and that is not going to work for the AHRS feature.  Does anyone have any suggestions for stationary mounting of the Mini without blocking the view of panel-mount instruments?

I bought the Stratus 2S so I could get the CB version of AHRS Backup Attitude feature and Synthetic Vision.  I have always used a yoke-mount for the iPad Mini with my old Stratus 1, and that is not going to work for the AHRS feature.  Does anyone have any suggestions for stationary mounting of the Mini without blocking the view of panel-mount instruments?

Doesn't the AHRS come from the Stratus, so it's the box you need to secure? You can still yoke mount your mini.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, teejayevans said:

Doesn't the AHRS come from the Stratus, so it's the box you need to secure? You can still yoke mount your mini.

Tee jay is correct, the iPad can remain mounted the way you have it. However, if you are referring to the fact that a control input will tilt the horizon as the yoke rotates you are correct. I have mine mounted on the yoke and I don't mind because it is accurate with reference to the iPad. 

• Like 1

Byron shows what looks like a panel mounted iPhone... an official temporary mount...

José show what looks like a cell phone Velcro mounted to his sun visor...

Kind of like having a second screen for the AHRS presentation...

This works well for WingX... multiple screens, one account. One bill.

Old iPhones have a place to go and be useful... got kids?

Doing this with an iPad is possible, but may require major simplification of other devices on the panel.  Easy if you have a JPI 900...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2