Fly-In Sat. 8/12 to Lake Wales X07

fantom

From Dave:

The weather for our last event was forecast to be bad, and there was a lot of rain around.  So, only 1 Mooney, 1 Piper Comanche, and 1 Mercedes brought 6 of us together at Williston for lunch.  We had a good time, but no one lingered.  Ruth and I did a 6 hour flight up to DuPage afterwards, but that’s another story.

Our next meeting will be this Saturday, August 12, at Lake Wales (X07).  The airport does not have a restaurant, but we will meet in the parking lot by the self serve fuel, and the airport manager will transport us 3 or 4 minutes to The Crazy Fish Bar and Grill for lunch.  Last year he took early arrivals  to the terminal building to wait until everyone was there, then all 15 of us jumped into a really big van around noon and he drove us to a restaurant.  He ate lunch at the same place, so there was no delay returning to the airport.   I expect it to work about the same way this year.  If you get there after we have left for the restaurant, call me on my cell, 352-408-3343, and I will ask him to come back for you.

All events start at 11:30.

Please check your e-mail before attending as sometimes I make last minute changes for various reasons.

Future Schedule

August 12, Lake Wales (X07)
September 9, Lakeland (LAL)
October 14, Flagler (FIN)
November 11, Vero Beach (VRB)
December 9, Punta Gorda (PGD)

I really appreciate it if you can e-mail me by Thursday night of the week of the event and let me know if you are going to try to make it, so I can call the restaurant on Friday with a head count.  No one is obligated to come if they told me they are coming and can’t make it for mechanical, weather, health, or any other reason.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth