Got it back- Again

Just flew my plane back home and there is a major difference in its handling and climb.  The rigging was so far out that before it was corrected I'd get tired holding or fighting the plane to stay on course.  Now with one finger I can track a line and use little or no rudder input.   The rudder was adjusted 3+ degrees and now sits slightly right.  The ailerons were so far off we measured them in inches.  Now when in the neutral positon all control surfaces sit level and even.    The winds were calm to still and at 4000ft  24map/2400 rpm,  mixture lean to drop then one turn in, temps were green and the airspeed indicated 160MPH and I had a ground speed of 151MPH.  It seems like it trims better too but I might be looking for more good than there really is.   After a 40 minute flight no oil loss and the bottom of the belly didn't turn a caramel color from oil.    Hopefully it stays this way for a while:) 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Dream to fly said:

Just flew my plane back home and there is a major difference in its handling and climb.  The rigging was so far out that before it was corrected I'd get tired holding or fighting the plane to stay on course.  Now with one finger I can track a line and use little or no rudder input. 

Welcome to flying a Mooney ;)

NICE! Just a quick caution. At 24/24, one turn in probably not be rich enough--at that power setting, at 4000ft, you're at 75% power. One turn in is maybe 25-50ROP...you're in the red box and operating at maximum ICP. If you want to do the one turn in method, you should back off to less than 65% power. At 4000ft, that is more like 21/24. If you want to run at that higher power, you'll have to go to 125-150 ROP, minimum. You have an single probe EGT, right? Until you get your new monitor...lean to peak EGT, than enrichen to at least 150 degrees lower than peak. 

1 hour ago, Brian Scranton said:

NICE! Just a quick caution. At 24/24, one turn in probably not be rich enough--at that power setting, at 4000ft, you're at 75% power. One turn in is maybe 25-50ROP...you're in the red box and operating at maximum ICP. If you want to do the one turn in method, you should back off to less than 65% power. At 4000ft, that is more like 21/24. If you want to run at that higher power, you'll have to go to 125-150 ROP, minimum. You have an single probe EGT, right? Until you get your new monitor...lean to peak EGT, than enrichen to at least 150 degrees lower than peak. 

OK. I can do that.  My RPM is off so it might not have been that bad.  It still was not right and I will pay more attention to that.  I got an e-mail that the monitor was shipped but I it didn't make it for this trip so I will be paying more attention!!  Thank you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yetti said:

Makes you want to shake your head at the prior maintenance people...   They are fun to fly when they are in the groove

My mother always told me that "water seeks its own level". Cheap owners will always find a maintainer to do the job cheaper and without tools or manuals.

Clarence

19 hours ago, M20Doc said:

My mother always told me that "water seeks its own level". Cheap owners will always find a maintainer to do the job cheaper and without tools or manuals.

Clarence

Who says it was a maintainer? I've seen plenty of cheap owners doing things they shouldn't do. That's why an annual is only good in my eyes the day it was signed off! 

• Like 2