Aspen Promotion - Install Cost?

I bit on Aspen's recent discount until my avionics shop quoted me $28,000 to install an Evolution 1000 ProPlus and the EA100. The hardware cost was just over $12,000 leaving the balance for installation. The shop expected the install to take 120 hours to complete. What is a reasonable cost for a single screen Aspen install? I'm hoping this was the shops way of telling me to be patient and wait for the G5/GFC500.

8 hours ago, alphajuliet said:

I bit on Aspen's recent discount until my avionics shop quoted me $28,000 to install an Evolution 1000 ProPlus and the EA100. The hardware cost was just over $12,000 leaving the balance for installation. The shop expected the install to take 120 hours to complete. What is a reasonable cost for a single screen Aspen install? I'm hoping this was the shops way of telling me to be patient and wait for the G5/GFC500.

120 hours is ridiculously high for the install time. Find a new shop- whom ever quoted you that doesn't want your business, or is incompetent.  I wouldn't trust a shop that would throw out a number like that- they certainly don't have your best interest as a customer in mind.

20 hours install time... max.

my single screen purchase and install cost $9500 total.  That was including the hardware (efd1000 pilot pro, no EA100 though).  That purchase / install was completed by chief aircraft in grants pass, Or.

Edited by M016576
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Brandontwalker said:

It was not. Just the PFD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, teejayevans said:

Sarasota avionics

They quoted me almost $ 20k as they tried to sell me the EA100 even I told them I have only Century IIB AP with no pitch control. They insisted I need it. So I called Aspen and sure enough I don't need it at all. 

I was expecting less than 18k so I was blown away when the quote was 28k. I have had a few issues with the KFC150 in the last year (ki256, roll servo, disconnect switch) so I'm probably better off avoiding the aspen. I couldn't bring myself to install a GFC600 in my 201 if or when it is available so I'd just be doubling down on the king autopilot. If the shop was trying to stear me away from the aspen they should have just said so and not wasted our time. Are there any recommendations for shops in the Midwest?

That is a bunch, I have only $60,000 in:

Aspen 2500 (3 tube)

JPI 900

Garmin 750

PS Logic Audio Panel

EA100

GDL 88

Direct wired headset jacks (and 2 Bose headsets)

Flight Stream 210 to iPad mini custom mount on copilot side

removal of all my steam and vaccum

and a new custom panel

Just now, teejayevans said:

Aviation or boating forums are the only places where you will see only and $60,000 in the same sentence. emoji4.png

Yep I would say your 100% correct on that lol.  Still, 28k for a single tube Aspen is nuts and my shop is 30 minutes from Sarasota/Venice :)

On 8/3/2017 at 7:20 PM, alphajuliet said:

That's g500 install with new panel !get another quote ,one that doesn't factor in lengthy coffee break,lunchs ,plus a trip to the movies while you are billed..k

• 8 months later...
On 8/4/2017 at 5:52 PM, jetdriven said:

28k would get to the whole dynon 2-screen full package with engine monitor and a complete autopilot ! ADSB in and out, And some money left over !

Is the Dynon Certified for an M20J?
They don't mention it as certified on their site?

Not yet.  No specific plans for when they will work on the Mooney.

Spoke to the guys at Dynon at Sun N Fun. They said they prioritize based on interest. Suggested we go out to their website and show an interest. He said they believe both Mooney and Bonanza owners would be a good next group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

On 8/4/2017 at 9:21 AM, MooneyBob said:

They quoted me almost $ 20k as they tried to sell me the EA100 even I told them I have only Century IIB AP with no pitch control. They insisted I need it. So I called Aspen and sure enough I don't need it at all. 

Sarasota Avionics, they were far and away the highest quote for a GTN750 or a iFD540 installed. And they flat refused to install a Sandel SN3308 or connect any of it to the Century iIb. They kept harping on the no sales tax in Florida but when you’re 4-5k higher than the Texas shops why bother. 

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 1