#OSH17 It's a wrap

mooneygirl

I was lucky enough to be asked to participate in a professional photo shoot over #OSH17 just before dusk. Glenn Watson of www.MachPointOneAviation.com was the photographer.  Glenn Watson is based in Texas, not too far from Kerrville in case anyone would like to duplicate the experience over the Hill Country of Texas.

The C-model is a 1974 flown by Flying Magazine Senior Editor, Pia Bergqvist.  My airplane is a 1965 E model.  Both were painted by the artists at ArtCraft Paint in Santa Maria, CA.

12 hours from Pismo Beach, CA to OSH, and about the same home, the plane performed without a hitch.  The formation flight with the Mooney Caravan was a thrill.

I suppose the song's lyrics speak to how full my heart is after a week with my aviation family.  My heart still beats like BOOM.

Mooney-flight.mp4

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Sven said:

Love the pics and the video, Jolie. Wow! What was the lead ship they were shooting from?

Glenn Watson was shooting out his Bonanza.  A fellow named David "Teflon" was the pilot. There was also a videographer on board.  Glenn lives about an hour from Kerrville and is interested in shooting more Mooney formation groups.  The shoot was really fun. I had never flown formation with Pia or Glenn, so it was good for me to stretch my comfort zone.  Earlier in the week Glenn shot Patty Wagstaff and the Blue Angels.  Pretty nice company to be in.

http://www.machpointoneaviation.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1