1/3 interest in 1963 M20C KDWH (Hooks) - Houston

wcb

Currently have a 1/3 interest available in my other plane 1963 M20C (pictures are in my album on here) for anyone that maybe interested.  I think it will be a great deal for someone looking to fly on a budget.  Here is the basic details of the partnership.  Upfront cost $12k for plane, $500 deposit for maintenance and owners account and around $500 for 1/3 of the insurance.  Monthly cost $200 to cover hanger exp, next basic annual (due April), and next insurance pmt plus $20 and hour (dry) for any extra items that come up in annual and future upgrades/rebuilds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

large.IMG_1575.JPG.c031b913f34fc604906a18042f740a36.JPGBoth my planes made it through just fine.  The hanger with the 20C did not even get any water in it.  I currently have a 1/3 interest available on the 1963 M20C.  Most of my airport was under some water but only enough to cover wheels.  My mechanic suggested bagging the wheels which worked perfect.  So everything was nice and dry.  See the gallery pictures for the other plane and hanger.

Edited by wcb
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 0:35 PM, wcb said:

large.IMG_1575.JPG.c031b913f34fc604906a18042f740a36.JPGBoth my planes made it through just fine.  The hanger with the 20C did not even get any water in it.  I currently have a 1/3 interest available on the 1963 M20C.  Most of my airport was under some water but only enough to cover wheels.  My mechanic suggested bagging the wheels which worked perfect.  So everything was nice and dry.  See the gallery pictures for the other plane and hanger.

Fortunately, my Mooney was in Dallas. The T hangars took a beating, I got nearly 2 feet in mine. Unfortunately, the Harley was in there, but thus far it and some low cost items are the only damaged goods I'll be replacing.

My other plane was in the X hangers this one is in M.  The X hanger had several inches (see the pictures in the gallery) and the "Bagging" of the wheels kept the water off of the wheels, breaks, and bearings.  Sorry about the Harley and hope to see you out there sometime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/31/2017 at 2:40 PM, wcb said:

Currently have a 1/3 interest available in my other plane 1963 M20C (pictures are in my album on here) for anyone that maybe interested.  I think it will be a great deal for someone looking to fly on a budget.  Here is the basic details of the partnership.  Upfront cost $12k for plane, $500 deposit for maintenance and owners account and around $500 for 1/3 of the insurance.  Monthly cost $200 to cover hanger exp, next basic annual (due April), and next insurance pmt plus $20 and hour (dry) for any extra items that come up in annual and future upgrades/rebuilds.

I’m looking for something like that now :)  also looking to connect to like minded folks.

@wcb @Desertdoc75 @warren.huisman

• 2 weeks later...

@SteveC I just came back from KDWH, I finished up my instrument (that I started in 1993...hehehe) with American Flyers.  I passed.  I own a Mooney Acclaim in Brazil that is my airplane but I would like to have access to a plane in the states as well.  I rented the Piper Arrow that The Flight School has there for a flight to San Antonio and it was less than ideal.

I am in the States about 10 days every two months so I would not be that active a user but I would like to have a nicer and more capable airplane to fly when I am there.  If you would like to discuss let me know.

11 hours ago, Bentonck said:

@SteveC I just came back from KDWH, I finished up my instrument (that I started in 1993...hehehe) with American Flyers.  I passed.  I own a Mooney Acclaim in Brazil that is my airplane but I would like to have access to a plane in the states as well.  I rented the Piper Arrow that The Flight School has there for a flight to San Antonio and it was less than ideal.

I am in the States about 10 days every two months so I would not be that active a user but I would like to have a nicer and more capable airplane to fly when I am there.  If you would like to discuss let me know.

Good luck. 

Thank for considering me!  I’ve been up to my neck looking at a variety of planes.  Not on purpose!  Just had the opportunity to go to lunch via a 2006 Cirrus SR22GTS last Friday and fell in love with having A/C.  First time ever in my short GA career to fly with A/C in this unforgiving Texas heat.  

Well that opened Pandora’s box.  I ran into a real nice fella that just bought a 2020 TBM 940 which is now my final goal plane!

Anyway I haven’t made a decision on my interim plane but I’ve run into another super nice guy that brokers partnerships, he has 27 groups with 80-85 pilots partnered up on planes.  Looking at planes 2006 and up is going to cost more but I’m hopeful to not have to deal with all the surprises that earlier planes will give.  Meeting the partnership guy tomorrow for lunch.  He’s pro 182 until I get hours to move up to a G36 or something equivalent.  I’m thinking I’d like to pull off the bandaid and go for the G36 right away and not mess with the 182.

I’m super appreciative of @gsxrpilot and his passion for Mooney’s, he’s a great guy!  One day I’ll meet him in person!

I still haven’t seen a Mooney in person!

Did see an Icon A5 at Hooks tho!  It’s tiny!

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, Bentonck said:

BTW, congrats on getting your instrument rating!  

14 minutes ago, SteveC said:

2020 TBM 940 which is now my final goal plane

Until you get a ride in a PC12; or a Citation ;-)

14 minutes ago, SteveC said:

I’d like to pull off the bandaid and go for the G36 right away

I think you're on to something.

4 hours ago, SteveC said:

BTW, congrats on getting your instrument rating!  

Thanks much!  I was there to see them drop that  Icon off the trailer the other day...looks fun but not my thing.

I’m sure your talking bout Sam and the Sugarland 182, I talked to him too and he wanted to sell me on the same situation.  I think his idea of professionally setting up partnerships is great and I have nothing against 182s but I have an Acclaim here.  I flew it halfway across Brazil today in 6 hours and it would have taken 2x as long in a 182... 

if you decide on a high performance plane and need a partner just keep me in mind!

20 hours ago, Bentonck said:

Thanks much!  I was there to see them drop that  Icon off the trailer the other day...looks fun but not my thing.

I’m sure your talking bout Sam and the Sugarland 182, I talked to him too and he wanted to sell me on the same situation.  I think his idea of professionally setting up partnerships is great and I have nothing against 182s but I have an Acclaim here.  I flew it halfway across Brazil today in 6 hours and it would have taken 2x as long in a 182... 

if you decide on a high performance plane and need a partner just keep me 

Ok... if you’re serious let’s talk.  Which plane tho!  I was a bit confused on how you wanted to partner?  Looks like you know Sam as well so that helps.  Flew and had lunch with a bunch of those guys including Sam.  I’ll PM my number and let’s talk.

@SteveC @Bentonck I am DWH J row T hangers.  Hope to see you guys there sometime.  @McMooney and I were out there the day it was giving demo rides (I think he was going to go up).  Hope to see you guys out there.  YES a TBM 940 is a great goal unless you are going to move to Jets.  For me TBM 700 would really be up my ally.

24 minutes ago, wcb said:

@SteveC @Bentonck I am DWH J row T hangers.  Hope to see you guys there sometime.  @McMooney and I were out there the day it was giving demo rides (I think he was going to go up).  Hope to see you guys out there.  YES a TBM 940 is a great goal unless you are going to move to Jets.  For me TBM 700 would really be up my ally.

Hey!  Thanks for the heads up. Heading out there tonight to take my wife on our first flight, have a 172s G1000 rented.  Plan to head towards Galveston through the I10 corridor and circle around for dinner at the runway cafe.   Maybe I’ll run into y’all if your out that way.  

On 6/3/2020 at 8:24 PM, Bentonck said:

if you decide on a high performance plane and need a partner just keep me in mind!

Looking at a nice 2015 SR22 G5 with a useful load of 1,240 lbs. I PM’d my phone number let’s talk.