New pannel

Nice pannel....I see you have UKT in your flight plan... I'm from CKZ

I was coming back from a fly in over at orionflt's hangar there. If you haven't signed up yet. Sign up on the NJ Mooney owners yahoo group. Let me know if you need the link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I heard my Mooney possibly could  be done this Friday.   That would be one workday short of three weeks.    My A&P who recommended someone else didn't it could happen in three weeks.   This isn't a race but no matter what happens I am pretty pumped.   I've read all 600+ pages in the 750 manual.    Don't know how much I've retained but this trucker is  ready to get back in the air and go Space Trucking.   :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Flown 10 hours since the panel completion and very pleased with the Garmin product and Chris's workmanship at Sureflight.   I have it pretty much have the 750 figured out but haven't tried the voice recognition/commands so far.   I'm probably going to get rid of the I-Pad on my yoke as it no longer serves any useful purpose.  I have a  business trip to KAVL tomorrow and am looking forward to it.   I will be looking for a buyer for the equipment removed from my panel as well as my prop that was replaced last year when I upgraded to the 310 hp.

New panel3.JPG

new panel2.JPG

last picture of old pannel.jpg

new Panel 1.JPG

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Little Dipper said:

Flown 10 hours since the panel completion and very pleased with the Garmin product and Chris's workmanship at Sureflight.   I have it pretty much have the 750 figured out but haven't tried the voice recognition/commands so far.   I'm probably going to get rid of the I-Pad on my yoke as it no longer serves any useful purpose.  I have a  business trip to KAVL tomorrow and am looking forward to it.   I will be looking for a buyer for the equipment removed from my panel as well as my prop that was replaced last year when I up graded to the 310 hp.

New panel3.JPG

new panel2.JPG

last picture of old pannel.jpg

new Panel 1.JPG

Looks great Norm! Enjoy your trip to Asheville, we are frequent visitors!

39 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

What type of approval was necessary to mount the G5 on the copilot side?  Thinking of doing that myself. Did you install the magnetometer and gad 29?

I have no clue.   Chris installed it.   I know is wired into the GTN 750.   I believe it is also hooked into the pitot static system.  I'm looking very forward to right seat flying with it.

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

LD,

How are you liking the remote boxes and GTN interface?

Best regards,

-a-

I'm loving it but the only thing I don't like is the now extra empty space in my panel.   I keep think I need to stick something in there. :)     Just kidding,  I gained 23 pounds useful load with the new setup.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Little Dipper said:

I'm loving it but the only thing I don't like is the now extra empty space in my panel.   I keep think I need to stick something in there. :)     Just kidding,  I gained 23 pounds useful load with the new setup.   

Nice panel... begging for a certified primary EDM. A JPI EDM 900 would easily fit where you have those panel blanks and take out the old gauge cluster above. Check out @Marauder's panel. There's plenty of room for a Stormscope as well.

We love to help folks spend their money. 

IMG_20160519_143655958.jpg

IMG_20160519_114159724_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 10:08 PM, carusoam said:

LD,

See if this short thread shines a light...

Esentially, the flexible clear pvc hose that was used later on for vacuum lines from the back-up vac pump is made by compounding PVC plastic with an oily plasticizer.  This oil seems to be coming out of solution when used in our application...

Another place where this used to be common was on automobile dashboards.  The oily deposit would show up on the inside of the windshields....

Could be heat and or vacuum related...

Read the thread, people were reporting some drops of liquid being found.

Best regards,

-a-

I shouldn't have ignored your thread.....My backup vacuum pump failed due to oil in the vanes.   My the backup vacum pump has been replaced and the clear pvc hose is going to be completely replaced from the front to the back on Monday.    The plumbing and the pump was installed by the factory in 1997 so it lasted a long time.   Glad the failure was  caught on the ground....

• Like 1