New pannel

The last photo of N995K'S panel. After 2,400 hours she is going to undergo major cosmetic surgery starting on Monday at www.sureflight.com . She will be AOG for about three weeks. 

The following are going to be removed... FreeFlight ADS-B In&Out, Tera TR140 Radar Altimeter, Argus 7000, King 90B GPS, King 165 & 155 Nav Coms, King 64 DME, King 87 ADF, King FT71 Transponder, Ryan ACS8000 TCAD & Garmin 496.    I will be selling this stuff if there is a market for it.

She is going to be transplanted with all new Garmin stuff. I am pretty pumped.  Thanks to everyone who helped me with the decision making process.

last picture of pannel.JPG

• Like 3

Congrats on the decision to drink the Koolaid.  :-)

You'll be amazed when you see the results I'm sure.  Are you having the entire panel done, or just the radio stack and right side?  A few pics to help quell your fear as you go through this...

Steve

Before.jpg

Dismantled.jpgAfter.JPG

• Like 2

Terry,   I you get a chance take a peak over Chris's shoulder and drop me a note.   I'm playing with the GTN trainer and trying to memorize the manuals  and the suspense is killing me.  This 65 year old feels like a six year old kid paging thru the Sears Christmas Toy catalogue.   :)  

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, N6758N said:

Can't wait to see Chris work his magic Norm!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, carusoam said:

They've got the goofy clear Tygon tubing on the BU vac pump, too...  suspected of causing plasticizer oils in the vac system lately...

So the rumor goes...

Best regards,

-a-

I don't know what plasticizer oil is????    The backup vacuum pump and the tubing was installed by the Mooney Factory in 1997.   I haven't had an issue with it so far. 

LD,

See if this short thread shines a light...

Esentially, the flexible clear pvc hose that was used later on for vacuum lines from the back-up vac pump is made by compounding PVC plastic with an oily plasticizer.  This oil seems to be coming out of solution when used in our application...

Another place where this used to be common was on automobile dashboards.  The oily deposit would show up on the inside of the windshields....

Could be heat and or vacuum related...

Read the thread, people were reporting some drops of liquid being found.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 2:45 PM, Rmag said:

I peeked over his shoulder today...

IMG_1608.JPG

Rmag...Thanks for taking the time to show me the panel in your Mooney yesterday and how the wireless downloading works.    You have one of the nicest Mooneys I have ever seen.   Everything in it is perfect from the Electron Blue paint, interior and panel.    Looking at the exceptional paint job on your Mooney has caused me to consider getting 995K painted.    BTW for your partner is a short video of Andy Pilgram driving my Electron Blue Vette at VIR hitting about 175 on the back straight.       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0Xw3TFmp0

I couldn't stand the suspense any longer rented a 172 and hopped over to Sureflight yesterday to check up on the progress of 95K.     I am very pleased with both the workmanship and the progress.   Chris is making new wiring harnesses and everything is going back nice neat and tidy.    I think maintenance had to mop up the floor after I left.  My Mooney was in very good company and I was drooling all over the place.   The stuff parked in that hangar that would cause any pilot salivate. 

Nice video!  Mooney speeds, apex to apex...6" off the ground... preflight discussion... details of the supercharger and brakes...

'it's my first Vette'. ..a Lingenfelter...  :)

What's it like riding right seat with Andy Pilgrim, at full speed, on the ground, going past tire marks of previous drivers who have recently over baked the turn?

Amazing,

-a-

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

What's it like riding right seat with Andy Pilgrim,

-a-

The corners feel violent but his driving style is very precise and smooth.    If I could drive like Pilgrim I'd be flying a Lear.     So far I've had my little Vette on New Jersey Motor Park and Mt. Pocono and Virginia International Raceways and am planning on going back to VIR in 2018.   I think racing is just as if not more expensive that flying.    Just for giggles attached is a link to one of the stupider things I did to the Vette.  I toasted two Michelin PS2 345x30x19 tires.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlbAvOmJcjM

• Like 1