Today at Oshkosh 2017

I posted this to the other email lists, but for those who don't subscribe this is what I said:

Some days are in a league of their own, and today was one of them.  First a great show put on by the Blue Angels.  Then two shows in Theatre in the Wood.  The first was an hour of Q & A with the Blue Angels team.  Excellent questions both from adults from young children and lots of  humor from the pilots themselves.  In particular “Boss” jokingly saying they were lead in group for the main show, the Apollo Astronauts.  Got lots of laughs.

This is probably the last time many of the Apollo Astronauts will get together as a group in one place.  Their age was showing.  David Hartman interviewed them and from the “horses mouths” came the history of the whole Apollo Program.  Buzz Aldrin, Jim Lovell, Frank Borman, and of course Gene Krantz, among many others.  Listening to the Apollo 13 story from Jim Lovell and Gene Krantz was spellbinding.  Then there was the story about how the famous picture of the Earth rise came to be taken told by Jim Lovell.  All the while this was going on there was the quarter Moon in the sky behind the stage…..we listened and watched the Moon…

• Like 13

Have to agree with @donkaye that this was one of the best airventure weeks I've been to. 

Great performance from the blue angels yesterday and I'm sure the second show (starting in 30 seconds) will be wonderful as well.  The stealth bomber, b-1 and b-52 performed today.  The raptor and a couple a10's to round out the show.  Very good seminars and great Q&A as Son mentioned above.