Mooney tatoo

MooneyBob

18 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

"A permanent reminder of a temporary feeling" - Jimmy Buffet

My 19 year old daughter wants a tattoo. I told her it would very much disappoint me and if she did it I would, in return, disappoint her...by taking away her 2017 Jeep Renegade. I think that kaboshed it. In any case I will be sharing this quote. It's spot on!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevinw said:

My 19 year old daughter wants a tattoo. I told her it would very much disappoint me and if she did it I would, in return, disappoint her...by taking away her 2017 Jeep Renegade. I think that kaboshed it. In any case I will be sharing this quote. It's spot on!

Had that conversation (with the Jimmy Buffet quote) with our daughter when she was about the same age.  She got the ink, we sold the car.  She was happy with the decision she made and accepted the consequences that came with it.  She's since added to her collection and is currently an elementary school teacher.  Though we are still disappointed with her choice to 'get some ink', in the grand scheme of things, it isn't that big of a deal.  Some of her friends have had similar expectations and results in their lives re: tattoos.  Sometimes, the reaction the parents got from implementing the consequence were an equivalent of the medicine killing the patient.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevinw said:

I have one of those also (19 year old daughter). I told her if she got a tat I would get one too, only on my forehead and a swastika. Well needless to say she got one and I didn't follow through. I guess she called my bluff.

• Like 1

Tattoos are an expensive luxury ...if I had bought my daughter a new car,and she had extra discretionary income to afford them...than she clearly is not contributing enough to her vehicle upkeep...purchase,maintance and insurance..etc..so by covering all her vehicle expenses ,I would be directly buying her tattoos for her.

• Like 1

My niece has several tats. Enough to cover her arms and portions of her torso. She and her dad have gone together and designed their own they each had done.

Her job does not allow ink to be seen, but that is not a problem for her. The long sleeve shirt and bullet-proof vest she wears keeps them covered. SWAT officer for a South Carolina city now but used to do UC narcotics work. Nearly 30 YO but looks about 18.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chupacabra said:

I have one of those also (19 year old daughter). I told her if she got a tat I would get one too, only on my forehead and a swastika. Well needless to say she got one and I didn't follow through. I guess she called my bluff.

Nice try..I could have predicted that...next time take her to a laser removal clinic and let her see how much it hurts

When I was younger I loved dating girls with over protective daddy's.....:) Even though I'm not a fan of tattoos that's not the worst thing your little girl can do. When the time comes and I have a daughter I would be flattered if she wanted to get a Mooney tattoo, but I'm sure I'll be repaid by her dating a guy like me.... :/

55 minutes ago, thinwing said:

With my luck ,no sooner would I get "I love Mooneys" tattooed on my butt ,and my wife would win the lottery and say..we're buying a Citation!

If you get the "I love Mooneys" tattoo I will pay to get it covered up when you get the Citation:)

6 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

My niece has several tats. Enough to cover her arms and portions of her torso. She and her dad have gone together and designed their own they each had done.

Her job does not allow ink to be seen, but that is not a problem for her. The long sleeve shirt and bullet-proof vest she wears keeps them covered. SWAT officer for a South Carolina city now but used to do UC narcotics work. Nearly 30 YO but looks about 18.

Now there's a good southern girl aint nobody gonna mess with!  You gotta love a girl that packs heat and doesn't take any sh*t.

I do not have any tattoos however I do have a tattoo story and it doesn't have anything to do with "Fantasy Island." Anyway, I ran to the grocery store near my house to grab a few things. When pulling out of my parking space a car swooped in from of my blind spot(or the didn't see her spot).  I put a little dent in her front bumper.  In dealing with the situation we were exchanging information etc.  I said my name is "Scott ...?...?." She said "don't worry I won't forget your name." True story and pic lol.

IMG_4227.JPG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 201er said:

I'd rather tattoo myself onto the airplane than tattoo the airplane onto myself! Gotta remember who does number two work for!?

IMG_1424.thumb.JPG.cb3c7625e1a95cad7a9412b14eead396.JPG

I thought that's what you were doing on those marathon LOP flights! You did mean tattooing your butt into the plane, right?  ;)