This could happen to anyone....

Mooneymite

2 hours ago, 201er said:

Who hasn't forgotten to retract the gear or flaps at some point? The key is how long till you catch it. Perhaps the AP was activated immediately and manicures for everyone in the pusspit.

So far, just once.  Departing out of Stinson Field in San Antonio.  Climbing out and thought "Wow, the humidity *really* does effect the climb rate!"  About that time I realized the light on the panel was still green.  Oh. 

But as soon as the aircraft failed to accelerate or climb past FL240, what was the flight crew thinking? This was a brand new NEO aircraft, there should have been a red flag to the flight crew as soon as the aircraft failed to meet it's performance specifications.

This was a big duh moment for the crew of this airliner...

This also shows poor CRM on behalf of the crew and the airline, the flight crew did not run the checklist or they did not back one another on the checklist whilst performing their respective duties as the captain/FO...

(Actual airbus A320 checklist)

597a1ddc6a870_ScreenShot2017-07-27at1_05_54PM.png.ff17a9251b95d0c90d561913a1986cc4.png

And on top of everything else, the report cited this:  

"The pilots, both of whom were women according to the original report, expressed incredulity when they became aware of their error."

When I forget the gear, flaps, or boost pump I rarely feel feminine.  :P

I just feel dumb.

• Like 1