Should I grab this abandoned Mooney?

On a related note, the gentleman I rent my hangar from is 90 years old. I've asked a couple of times to buy the hangar from him, but he won't sell. At his 90th birthday party this weekend, he introduced me to his wife and said, "if something happens to me, you call this guy and sell him the hangar." She was very agreeable and I think she'd like to sell it to me today, but the old man want's to hang on to it for some reason. 

Go figure...

Yes hi, Its been a while! Yes the plane did sell. In fact, it sold to some friends of Rick and mine's, and will be staying at Camarillo. It will be worked on by rick and I at least! I went to the previous owners house with Rick to get the bill of sale a few months ago. The poor guy was in really bad shape, with visible cancer slowly taking over him, but he was still able to sign the papers and read through every part of the bill of sale. You could tell he didn't want to sell it still, but at 99(?) he knew it was finally time. Talk about a tough transaction. The knew owners admire him for all he's done serving and know everything about his insane flying background. I believe they've seen this thread but I'm not sure they are on here. They plan on completely stripping it and putting in new everything, top to bottom, so it will be beautifully redone.

With that being said, I am a little sad it won't be in my hands, but I am friends with new owners. They are great people and will bring the Mooney back to perfect condition, and I'll be the one helping them do so. And who knows, I might even get to do some flying time in it when its all done. Once the new owners sell their Warrior, I'll create a thread on here about the restoration and keep everyone updated on its progress. For now, its sitting in the same hangar while they prep their current plane for sale. 

Rick, my mechanic friend, sent off his 152 engine to be rebuilt, and it will be back soon. And I'll be helping him put it back together and finally have a plane to fly and do my instrument in, as well as come to SoCal mooney lunch fly-ins with. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

@M20FanJesse your post reminded me to order more 252 t-shirts. Oshkosh is coming up.

I sent an email to a few other 252 drivers that I know need some shirts for Oshkosh.

Can't thank you enough! :D I plan on being there, will have to meet up with everyone