Why don't you ever hear anything about this anti ice method?

On 7/27/2017 at 6:19 AM, peevee said:

I reached out to the company in the first post. They have no stcs yet but would be willing to work with me if I had ten airplanes willing to do it.

So, what would something like that be worth a gamble on? I suspect it could be fairly inexpensive but I'm waiting to hear.

They are looking for test pilots on the cheap...

Do it but make sure you tick "test pilot" on your life insurance and "for research" on the aircraft one. 

And find 9 other MSers that you really don't like.... 

:P 

"I reached out to the company in the first post. They have no stcs yet but would be willing to work with me if I had ten airplanes willing to do it."

Personally I think the warning light should be flashing on this. It's telling me that they either don't have the interest from GA or no money to do it that they need to have "volunteers." I know many STCs are done that way but you are talking about a critical component of an aircraft. This is not just some minor mod to the cowling we are talking about here. Not only will your insurance very likely reject this idea, this company probably doesn't have the financial capacity to pay out any damage caused by its system. 

14 hours ago, peevee said:

The elevators? It should, the thumpers are tiny.

Based on it being a thumper does the ice have to be limited to a certain development stage? 

Im still trying to figure out how this works exactly - this would be a de ice system I am assuming, and the vibration from the thump causes the ice to break up?

(the only de-ice / anti-ice I have flown is electrically heated rotor blades so maybe my understanding is off)

9 hours ago, mccdeuce said:

Based on it being a thumper does the ice have to be limited to a certain development stage? 

Im still trying to figure out how this works exactly - this would be a de ice system I am assuming, and the vibration from the thump causes the ice to break up?

(the only de-ice / anti-ice I have flown is electrically heated rotor blades so maybe my understanding is off)

Nope, should knock it off at any depth