ICAO Flight Plan using FlyQ

I tried to file 2 IFR plans for a dog rescue flight tomorrow.  This is my first time using FlyQ since the switched to ICAO format.  I couldn't get beyond "  Error: Level ICAO): "F080" is invalid" ".  BTW the software initially showed the flight level as 08.  I also tried without success changing it to 080.  It never appeared as F080, which is quoted in the error I received.

I ended up filing via 800-wxbrief, the first time I called a plan into a briefer in years.

So far FlyQ customer support hasn't responded. Any FlyQ users have any idea how to get beyond this error?

I am not a FlyQ user but do understand the ICAO format. You didn't say specifically which flight plan field but F080 indicates an incorrect format for a flight level which begins at F180, and then you do say "BTW the software initially showed the flight level as 08" you must be referring to altitude & flight level. The ICAO format requires altitude to be specified as "A080" for 8000' or F180 for Flight Level 180. Since you appear to want to 8000', it needs to be A080 and not a flight level. Hopefully you can tell FlyQ this is an altitude and not a flight level.

I specify 8000 when starting the planning function in FlyQ.  The program inserts this into the flight plan, I don't.  It initially shows "08" in the ICAO Level field, which generated the "F080" error.  I tried revision the input to "080" and also "A080", but still received the error.

It makes sense that the s/w would automatically determine F or A and changes altitudes to hundreds. But it really sounds like that build of their app has a fatal bug they need to fix asap for you and all their other users trying to file below FL180.

To close the loop,.......Finally received this response from FlyQ Support to my 7/20 inquiry: "We corrected this issue a few days ago, once we realized that Lockheed/Leidos changed something without telling us."

I've since tested the app and the ICAO plan goes through without any errors.  Disappointed that they took a week and 3 emails from me to finally respond. In the past their Support has emailed me within hours.,

25 minutes ago, neilpilot said:

To close the loop,.......Finally received this response from FlyQ Support to my 7/20 inquiry: "We corrected this issue a few days ago, once we realized that Lockheed/Leidos changed something without telling us."

I've since tested the app and the ICAO plan goes through without any errors.  Disappointed that they took a week and 3 emails from me to finally respond. In the past their Support has emailed me within hours.,

support times usually suck from all vendors during OSH....just sayin...

• Like 1