Rebuildable airspeed switch?

I sent Mr. Maxwell and email but I know he is always busy with Oshkosh this time of year. I just had my safety airspeed switch replaced. And at $1339 for the new one, I was wondering if the switches can be rebuilt? If I could get the old one fixed it would be worth having a spare one on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the stall switch? I think it just has a microswitch riveted inside. Leave it in the hangar with a donut and the elves might bring it back to life.

The air speed safety switch that allows the gear to fold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

The air speed safety switch that allows the gear to fold up.

Sorry, my bad.

(Once again glad to have manual gear--jeez the parts for that electric gizmo are outrageous.)

• Like 1

They have a tendency to use industrial grade switches.  The kind that work 24/7 for years in machinery...

Our machines don't use them very much in the 5k hour average that our machines actually fly...

Cleaning and contact corrosion fixes are probably the most used solutions for our electrical devices...

Not sure if I would by another one of these things, when you don't see everyone else saying they have the same problem... these things don't seem to have a record of wearing out...

PP thoughts only, I have never had to push that button...

Best regards,

-a-

People can tell me I am wrong.  I am used to it.   I think there were two methods One was the squat switch and one was the airspeed safety.   Could you convert over to the squat switch?   I know I have a squat switch on my F. just a push button switch on the port side gear leg.

Edited by Yetti

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

People can tell me I am wrong.  I am used to it.   I think there were two methods One was the squat switch and one was the airspeed safety.   Could you convert over to the squat switch?   I know I have a squat switch on my F. just a push button switch on the port side gear leg.

What year is your F?  And what landing gear motor do you have?   I am assuming that you have electric gear.

Ron