OSHKOSH PREFLIGHT WX

N423PS starts his weather planning today for an expected flight from Wilmington De via Toledo- Lansing onto Green Bay for Monday's Mooneyspace gathering.

Use this as the pilots tool for wx outlook, PIREPS  plus anything that occurs usual and unusual during your flight.

My first look depicts low conditions after Saturday evening storms clearing as Sunday evolves with 25% chance of TS during the first half of flight. Pittsburgh to Cleveland shows low conditions post storms. First outlook shows 70% go/no go on Sunday, 70%. GO. I will post PIREPS on landing in Wisconsin.

• Like 1

This morning was a first for me.  I checked the weather and it is expected to be low IFR for most of the morning tomorrow through early afternoon.  My first thought was, I think this just made my arrival into Oshkosh a bit easier.  Never before have I seen low IFR and had this thought.  However, I remain hopeful for at least 1,000 ft ceilings on arrival tomorrow.

14 hours ago, Brandontwalker said:

This morning was a first for me.  I checked the weather and it is expected to be low IFR for most of the morning tomorrow through early afternoon.  My first thought was, I think this just made my arrival into Oshkosh a bit easier.  Never before have I seen low IFR and had this thought.  However, I remain hopeful for at least 1,000 ft ceilings on arrival tomorrow.

Do you have an IFR reservation?  If so, easy with low ceilings or not.  If no reservation, looks like no problem after 1 or 2PM.

I bet it gets pretty busy tomorrow afternoon!

On 7/22/2017 at 0:56 AM, Bob said:

Do you have an IFR reservation?  If so, easy with low ceilings or not.  If no reservation, looks like no problem after 1 or 2PM.

I bet it gets pretty busy tomorrow afternoon!

Sorry for the delayed response. I did have an IFR reservation. However, as it turned out, I had a 240 mile detour around weather and missed my slot. I ended up landing around 30 miles south of Chicago (Bult Field), grabbed some lunch at a local diner, gassed up and regrouped. Oshkosh went MVFR after lunch. We were able to grab a last minute slot and file IFR into Dodge County, which is just South of RIPON. Flew the approach into Dodge and broke out at 2000 ft. IFR cancellation in air and straight on to RIPON under the deck. It was an adventure.