A beautiful storm

Ever since I was a kid I always loved big thunderstorms, and even better a good hurricane - I don't mean to hurt people - I just mean the marvel of all that natural wild energy forming itself.

Here is a beautiful storm:

Just don't fly into one of those if you see it!  No radar need to stay out of that.  Just eyeballs.

• Like 6

That is a thing of beauty and POWER!  Thank you for sharing.  I experienced a Tornado (development/mature/breaking up) and have several videos, but they are MOV and won't load on Mooneyspace.  Teach me how and I will share.  They are impressive.  Not a huge funnel, but close and very well defined.  I was far enough away to be safe, but was never comfortable shooting the event.  No injuries to humans so all good.  I was on my way to Des Moines for work and spotted it.  I pulled over thinking "going in their basement" as it looked like it was coming right at me.  The track was hard to identify.  Ended up with a good seat for the show.  

Nature is AWESOME!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 8:28 AM, flyboy0681 said:

This appears to me to be an animation. Looking at the right side there is a continuous lightning bolt and nothing in the video is moving other than the swirl.

looks fake

took this over Vietnam a couple of weeks ago....some St. Elmo's to.

IMG_7251.PNG

IMG_7252.PNG

• Like 1

I don't think the original post is fake. It's just a time lapse with only a few shots that are then looped. You can tell by looking at the bottom of the cloud. But it could be a composite of several images as well. So tough to know in this day of CGI.

• Like 1