Just happened to me

On July 28, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Mooney_Mike said:

UPDATE:

Damaged nose truss removed, new nose truss installed with new shock disks. Aircraft flying again!

Just say no to tugs!

Aircraft was grounded for 8 days.

20170728_163702.jpg

Was the turn indicator on your old Truss? If not how is this one attached?

On 7/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, Mooney_Mike said:

Guess I will be needing a new nose truss now. The stop is bent back into the sheet metal!

No damage to the tubes though at all....

Tugs gone wild!

20170720_104351.jpg

Sorry for your pain - I'm confused by what I'm looking at here - I guess it's because I have an older style truss that lacks this stop mechanism?  I just check my tubes during preflight if I've been parked at an FBO and wanted to make sure I'm not missing something . 

Coincidently I saw this thread and the picture right after moving my Mooney for the first time with a golf cart and tow bar.  I had been careful not to put any pressure on the bar at full turn limit, but the picture scared me.  I was very relieved to find everything looking good when I crawled underneath.  I checked my tire pressures and found one noticeably low and another slightly low.  I aired them up and have moved her by hand since then.

Thank for the thread and picture.  This kid will be extra careful henceforth.

• Like 1