Show Your Tug

MBDiagMan

It seems almost universal. There is a slight downgrade getting out of the hangar. I pull mine out by hand, as it is easier than hooking up the tug. But getting up that upslope putting it back in is a minor inconvenience for two people, but almost impossible for one. My tug has no problem with it. Mine moves just about as fast as two people pushing by hand.

3rd gen 1.JPG

The plane is small enough to allow the tug to stay on and door to close. but even if that wasn't the case, the tug clamps the nose tire and lifts it so you never have to bend over to engage or line up anything.   It's great for lazy people.  

I have a Robotow (electric) which works well but I am not using it - for the right price I would consider selling it.

I also have a Powertow which I am not using that I may be willing to sell as well.

I am using a Sidewinder, which is more expensive, also works well, but can be folded and taken apart for traveling.

If interested in the Robotow, give me a call at (617) 877-0025, or e-mail me at john.breda@gmail.com

John Breda

20 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

He is using an adaptation of my original design. Mine has a 28 tooth drive gear and a 40 tooth driven gear. I do have all the plans for mine, and will gladly share. They are a little voluminous for this forum, but I can email all of them.

Hello Don,

Sent you a pm with email for a copy of your plans

thanks

Angelos

Thanks VERY much for everyone's input.  You guys always come through with the information I need.

Remember I said that I am moving to a new airport.  It turns out that they have a golf cart and tow bar that I can take and use any time.  I am going to go very slowly at first and the airport manager offered to help me get the hang of it.  I am sure I can manage it. I will get her in place and mark the floor for the next time.

The paint on Joyce is fresh and beautiful so I am focused on keeping it that way.

Thanks again for the input.  I fully expect that others will also benefit from the thread.

On 7/20/2017 at 2:32 PM, DonMuncy said:

He is using an adaptation of my original design. Mine has a 28 tooth drive gear and a 40 tooth driven gear. I do have all the plans for mine, and will gladly share. They are a little voluminous for this forum, but I can email all of them.

Don,

Would you mind sharing your plans? I would appreciate it very much....

jon.hopping@gmail.com if you can. 

Jon

42 minutes ago, carusoam said:

No way the New Balance tug can move the long body uphill, unless the tanks are empty.

They work real well in reverse (pulling), forward (pushing) is C/G (center of gut) issue as traction goes out the window B)

• Like 1

PM sent