How often do you clean and rotate your plugs?

peevee

I do my massives every annual, and sometimes check them at oil change in between. Since moving to a field with no services, I no longer have access to a plug tester, so the best I can do is clean and gap them right now. 

1 hour ago, KSMooniac said:

Tempest fine wire plugs...look at them at annual and put them back in.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Agree.  I spend a good amount of time cleaning  and inspecting them yearly, and replace any having cracks in their ceramic cores.  Also no need to rotate iridium fine wires.  You pretty much put them in and they just...work.  :-)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Agree.  I spend a good amount of time cleaning  and inspecting them yearly, and replace any having cracks in their ceramic cores.  Also no need to rotate iridium fine wires.  You pretty much put them in and they just...work.  :-)

I rotate fine wires. Either the Tempest site or Mike Busch has pics of asymmetric erosion of electrodes which differs with polarity.

9 hours ago, Hank said:

I do my massives every annual, and sometimes check them at oil change in between. Since moving to a field with no services, I no longer have access to a plug tester, so the best I can do is clean and gap them right now. 

I check plug resistance with a simple multimeter. 

If I were running massives I might have to invest in a resistance tester! 

Multimeters are fine, the "Plug tester" that I no longer have access to checks their ability to produce spark with compressed air blowing across them, from the same air supply that the other side of the tester uses to blast glass beads into the electrode and then clean the glass beads out. One big box, with two places to screw in a spark plug [clean, then test].

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...