SiriusXM no longer displaying weather

Anyone know what might have caused this to cease to function?  My avionics shop said the problem was a defective antenna (my system is set up to display on a garmin 696 that I've mounted in the panel so the antenna plugs directly into that device) but a new antenna didn't fix it.

Any ideas?

When I owned a 696, I had the XM antenna crap out on me as well.  This was several years ago, but they sent me a new one under warranty.  I want to say the radio ID on the account is tied to the antenna itself, so it's not as simple as trying a different antenna...you'll have to change the radio ID on the account.  To confirm (because I could be wrong), check the radio ID in your 696 settings with the antenna plugged in and make sure that it matches your Sirius account.  Once you've confirmed, have Sirius resend the activation signal while the antenna is in clear view of the sky and the 696 is powered on.

If your receiver hasn't connected to Sirius in awhile you'll have to go to their website and "refresh" your Sirius radio ID. But you need to have your unit on when you do and it can take up to an hour till your receiver gets the signal and is essentially re-activated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, aggiepilot04 said:

I want to say the radio ID on the account is tied to the antenna itself, so it's not as simple as trying a different antenna...you'll have to change the radio ID on the account.

The antenna does not have a ID.  The ID is coded into the radio or receiver.  I have replaced the antenna on the radio in my motorhome with no contact with the company needed via computer or phone. 

14 minutes ago, kpaul said:

The antenna does not have a ID.  The ID is coded into the radio or receiver.  I have replaced the antenna on the radio in my motorhome with no contact with the company needed via computer or phone. 

An XM radio antenna is different from an XM weather receiver.  The weather receivers look like this:

http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/gxm-42-antenna-for-garmin-796.html

I believe the weather receivers have radio IDs on the back and must be activated.

Ours went TU on a flight yesterday.

RWC PL21, said "No subscription" 

not true, it's due in January and it's paid.

I refreshed the signal, had pilot reset the CB and it worked normally the rest of the flight. 

We only have XM weather with no audio. 

-Matt

Thanks everyone but I probably should have made clear in my question that I already provided SiriusXM with the new antenna serial number and got a refreshed signal - still no go.  

Any other thoughts as to what might be my problem?

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, RobertE said:

Thanks everyone but I probably should have made clear in my question that I already provided SiriusXM with the new antenna serial number and got a refreshed signal - still no go.  

Any other thoughts as to what might be my problem?

Did you check the weather outside? Sometimes is clear and sunny B)

José

• 2 weeks later...

To completely close the loop on this, it turns out the unit itself was the problem.  Antenna fine but for some reason the unit couldn't recognize that the antenna was attached.  Gamrin tech reps say this isn't all that unusual.  Price for "overhaul" (they seem to have simply sent me a new unit) is 1/2 the cost of new. My original one lasted 5 years.

anyone want to buy a used antenna (GXM40) and battery (they mistakenly sent me an extra)??  No offer will be refused.